Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This weather is depressing. I hate having to worry about all the pjlants I installed in various projects this season. I'm afraid my clients think, hey it's fall and are not watering  

nothing wants to fully die. these cheap radiational cooling nights don't kill anything near a house. we need a strong front to blast through and advect 20's to the ocean

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

This weather is depressing. I hate having to worry about all the pjlants I installed in various projects this season. I'm afraid my clients think, hey it's fall and are not watering  

they should get a drink with this system, but I know what you're saying.

9 hours ago, bluewave said:

That's cool, great shots.

I was whale watching in Maui a few years back on a glass bottom catamaran. Let me tell you, there is nothing like being that close a whale. This pod just kept circling the boat. Really incredible, incredible experience.

2 hours ago, forkyfork said:

nothing wants to fully die. these cheap radiational cooling nights don't kill anything near a house. we need a strong front to blast through and advect 20's to the ocean

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Yep. The weeds by the houses are still going strong 

Same, got down to 32 three times now, but no colder. Some of the annuals away from the house finally died 2 nights ago, but all of the weeds are still going strong.

No frost or freeze here, I'm still seeing growth on some plants, I actually just spotted a banana (plant) coming out of the soil the other day near the base of the main plant. Meanwhile my eastern prickly pear cactus (native species) has already wilted in preparation for winter.

9 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Raise your hand if you thought the Second Avenue Subway would open by the end of 2016.

Now put your hands down, you fooking liars.

http://www.amny.com/transit/second-avenue-subway-s-launch-date-may-change-mta-warns-1.12627275

The only project that NYC is ahead or on schedule is the Kosciusko Bridge. Everything else is behind schedule, like usual.

13 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Raise your hand if you thought the Second Avenue Subway would open by the end of 2016.

Now put your hands down, you fooking liars.

http://www.amny.com/transit/second-avenue-subway-s-launch-date-may-change-mta-warns-1.12627275

Best part:

“It just so happens that the last day of 2016 is Dec. 31,” Prendergast said matter-of-factly. “I don’t know if they honestly thought about the fact that it was New Year’s Eve. A lot of people in the world watch the ball drop … So it provides another set of challenges for us to meet.”

WTF

On November 14, 2016 at 9:43 PM, psv88 said:

That's cool, great shots.

I was whale watching in Maui a few years back on a glass bottom catamaran. Let me tell you, there is nothing like being that close a whale. This pod just kept circling the boat. Really incredible, incredible experience.

They love feeding on the Bunker right off Long Beach.

14 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Northport Harbor was packed with bunker this fall. I'm talking hundreds of thousands, it was wild. Local fisherman had never seen it that packed before. 

Locals are calling the Shinnecock Bunker kill the biggest that that have ever seen.

Thousands of Dead Bunker Piled 2 Feet High in Shinnecock Canal After Massive Fish Kill

http://patch.com/new-york/westhampton-hamptonbays/thousands-dead-bunker-piled-2-feet-high-shinnecock-inlet-after

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived