joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a post that is close to guaranteed NOT to get a reply ...

the 12z Euro's wheel-house 4 day vision of warm sector Tuesday, in deep well mixed boundary layer and +15 C at 850 is probably a pretty clear signal for a record warm day - not sure what the actual 'records' for that date are, but that's a damn warm look there.  pretty damn warm for Wed, too -

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

a post that is close to guaranteed NOT to get a reply ...

the 12z Euro's wheel-house 4 day vision of warm sector Tuesday, in deep well mixed boundary layer and +15 C at 850 is probably a pretty clear signal for a record warm day - not sure what the actual 'records' for that date are, but that's a damn warm look there.  pretty damn warm for Wed, too -

CON 85 - 1947

ORH 85 - 1908

PVD 85 - 1908

BOS 82 - 1947

BDL 80 - 1968

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

CON 85 - 1947

ORH 85 - 1908

PVD 85 - 1908

BOS 82 - 1947

BDL 80 - 1968

cool!   ...well, heh, warm actually ..

yeah, not sure we'll pull that out of our arses, but it could be close.  hmm.  i recall last April where we wondered about a day, and it got to 87 ... 

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Gonna be a cold one tonight.  About to dip into the 30s at 7pm.  Forecast is for 25-30F.  Wife keeps bringing the potted plants inside, I think it's an exercise in futility at this point in the season.  

Before it got dark, I picked a ton from my two gardens and covered up some of the greens that should be fine with some help. It's the light levels that are the problem now.

55 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Gonna be a cold one tonight.  About to dip into the 30s at 7pm.  Forecast is for 25-30F.  Wife keeps bringing the potted plants inside, I think it's an exercise in futility at this point in the season.  

LOL yeah I left a ficus outside a few weeks ago when I was traveling and it went down into the 20's. It's toast. My kale is doing well though, I think that should be OK for a while. 

Just hit 32F but we've had frost on the deck for a while now...

from nadir to acme ... it might be interesting to see the week's temperature graph come this time next Saturday.

as Scott mentioned, low 80s Tuesday and Wednesday; which as Brian pointed out at least makes them contenders for record high temperatures.  i think if anything climatology is dimming interpretive machine guidance types, though -  

heating potential looks just about perfect.  Light deep layer west southwest wind/well mixed atm post warm fropa importing continental-charged heat .. 850 mb rule--of-thumb all the way to 16 or even 17 C on the 00z operational Euro.. .RH is low in the 700mb slab - all synoptic signs flagging a maxed scenario and relative to season, ...I tell you what, forget that: the 82 F on Tuesday on the 00z GFSX MOS may just flat out prove climo-dimmed even at that. obviously insolation is ever challenged(ing) at this time of year as we near the solar minimum in just a month... but, we've seen 76 in December in similar scenarios that didn't have 16 C at 850 ... so balancing all that out, don't have any compunctions with 85.  In July it'd be 92 in the 2-meter.    

I know. I know.  since August 15 folks have "realistically" started looking for snow in the charts ... but, for appreciators of the broader weather experiences, these signals are every bit as intriguing.  

just bustin' balls but seriously ... man.  going from 28 F low this morning to say ...83 F Tuesday afternoon... It's pretty good -

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

from nadir to acme ... it might be interesting to see the week's temperature graph come this time next Saturday.

as Scott mentioned, low 80s Tuesday and Wednesday; which as Brian pointed out at least makes them contenders for record high temperatures.  i think if anything climatology is dimming interpretive machine guidance types, though -  

heating potential looks just about perfect.  Light deep layer west southwest wind/well mixed atm post warm fropa importing continental-charged heat .. 850 mb rule--of-thumb all the way to 16 or even 17 C on the 00z operational Euro.. .RH is low in the 700mb slab - all synoptic signs flagging a maxed scenario and relative to season, ...I tell you what, forget that: the 82 F on Tuesday on the 00z GFSX MOS may just flat out prove climo-dimmed even at that. obviously insolation is ever challenged(ing) at this time of year as we near the solar minimum in just a month... but, we've seen 76 in December in similar scenarios that didn't have 16 C at 850 ... so balancing all that out, don't have any compunctions with 85.  In July it'd be 92 in the 2-meter.    

I know. I know.  since August 15 folks have "realistically" started looking for snow in the charts ... but, for appreciators of the broader weather experiences, these signals are every bit as intriguing.  

just bustin' balls but seriously ... man.  going from 28 F low this morning to say ...83 F Tuesday afternoon... It's pretty good -

Even Wednesday could do it, if the front is slow. More of a downslope westerly component perhaps.  That's probably the last of that for a long time.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even Wednesday could do it, if the front is slow. More of a downslope westerly component perhaps.  That's probably the last of that for a long time.

Ha! that was my precise after-thought on that.  'Could be the last time we see that until May if things break right' 

Which, I'm hearing about climato models flagging a cold/snowy entry to winter ... like a 1995'er.  Not sure if that has legs; just what I've heard.  And that it may be milder late.  Not sure on that either.  I think it's all pretty much just fun speculation ... And, even if a given talking point has 'speculative merit' - if you will, it seems the < 1::1 correlation headache that is the weather "deliberately" kicks in as though intending to f-up a good forecast ... 100% of the time. haha.  

So... even when we're right, the cosmic dildo ensures we're wrong it seems. 

I don't know, as much as I cringe at the "statistically we're due" argument, it seems it has been a long while since we stayed a snow pack from Novie 20 to X-mass.  That's yeah... I know - rare anyway... But, it's not completely outside our pie chart either.  I'd say 1 in 8 should...  it's been about that I think. 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

We won't scream. Scooter HP in place and even as it may retreat, Low will go over or east. No scream.

Majority of Euro Ens favor a noreaster type track. Ens has a very very impressive build up of snow all across Eastern Canada. If that keeps up the calls of early quick start to winter might ring true. Pretty cool to see the first signs of Ens giving NNE snow, its coming.

Archived