joxey
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Based on what?

Its asymmetric in the core right now based on IR satellite presentation, until it straightens that out, its leveled off, but it is by no means peaked at this point. Especially since modelstake whatever we have tomorrow and strengthen it further into Jamaica. 

15 minutes ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

Its asymmetric in the core right now based on IR satellite presentation, until it straightens that out, its leveled off, but it is by no means peaked at this point. Especially since modelstake whatever we have tomorrow and strengthen it further into Jamaica. 

Models don't predict ERCs.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The same Euro that had is stalled for 3-4 days over the Bahamas last run then drifting South at 216 hrs? Not saying the Euro is wrong, just pointing out the Euro has probably been the least consistent model irt to Matthew from one run to the next.

I agree.  Just wanted to put it out there for those wondering up this late.   There is still a great deal of uncertainty with this system.  Just because it misses us down here in the Southeast, doesn't mean it won't recurve and affect the Northern East Coast.    I think it's best to see what strength he has tomorrow (through the day) and if he makes that sharp North turn tomorrow evening/night.  That will be the telling part; Regardless of what the models say.  (along with that trough! does it sag, does it speed up, slow down? who knows?!)

Only a very few EC ensemble members bring it close to or over the coast. I still think a near miss is the best (or worst if you live there) scenario. Also, I am skeptical that this was really ever a cat 5, pressures were too high and the sat presentation was never perfect.  Looking at the sat pics now I am sure it is currently not a 5.

7 minutes ago, Cheeznado said:

Only a very few EC ensemble members bring it close to or over the coast. I still think a near miss is the best (or worst if you live there) scenario. Also, I am skeptical that this was really ever a cat 5, pressures were too high and the sat presentation was never perfect.  Looking at the sat pics now I am sure it is currently not a 5.

central Caribbean doesn't require sub 920mb pressures for a cat 5 (see prior storms) because of the background pressure gradient of this area. recon doesn't lie.

if anyone would like to discuss the potential snow aspect from Matthew come to
 https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/48951-matthew/?page=8 

so we don't clutter up the tracking. 6z gfs hints at any linger moisture going into Sunday may bring snow showers for the slopes of NC, TN, VA, WV, a little more for New England, and S/E Canada is hammered with feet of snow pack building to our north

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived