• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

Alex.  For weather watching/animal watching  I definitely prefer the narrower camera.  With the narrower view you also have privacy if people are using your deck. I would not want to be close up sitting on the deck with the camera broadcasting to the world.  If its important to have the deck or more of the woods then the wide angle is a better choice.   It does show me that there is a problem with your first camera.  The wide angle is much crisper but that is not because of the wide angle but just shows me your first cameras lens is faulty and that unit should be returned.

My vote, narrower view cam, but return this unit and get one with a non faulty lens!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree! That's the wide angle; I have to assume that it's due to the lens problem... I would certainly replace it either way, that camera is definitely defective. I guess the question is - keep the wide angle, which gives me a bit more of a view from a "security" perspective, or try another standard view, hoping that it was in fact a lens issue and that the new will have similar quality to the wide angle?

4 hours ago, alex said:

Agree! That's the wide angle; I have to assume that it's due to the lens problem... I would certainly replace it either way, that camera is definitely defective. I guess the question is - keep the wide angle, which gives me a bit more of a view from a "security" perspective, or try another standard view, hoping that it was in fact a lens issue and that the new will have similar quality to the wide angle?

50.4F for a high.   Frequent light to moderate acorn showers.  One heavy acorn shower around 1pm accompanied with gusty NW winds to 31mph. 

We dropped off pretty quickly last night, but then leveled off quite a bit after midnight. I thought I'd easily go below 32F based on the midnight temp. Anyways...low was 32.0F here. The higher els in the county were U30s and the cool spots U20s. Bear Brook RAWS pulled a 27F and CON 31F.

15 hours ago, alex said:

Yes that was from the car... Home thermo is temporarily down as I returned that POS :) gonna give ambient weather a shot, let's see how it does. Should arrive on Thursday. 

definitely please post what you think of the ambient weather station, i am considering that one. want a decent one that can report to wunderground, and the Davis is out of my price range (by a lot!)

My pond is drying up.  This is the result of a lack of snowfall (less than 20 inches) last winter, below normal rainfall (13.09 inches since May 1, 1.24 inches since September 1, 4.67 inches since August 1), and a warm to hot summer.  The little brook that feeds the pond hasn't run since early June.  In some years, it never stops running; in most years it goes intermittent at times during the summer.

DSC_5125.JPG

At capacity.

IMG_0671(1) (1024x768).jpg

Drying up.  The water level is about 2 feet lower than normal.

Archived