Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

September may have really been the best month of the year weather-wise.  Probably tied with June's 40-50 degree diurnal swings.

Its just been sunshine and 70s for weeks on end.

On average it's my sunniest month, just ahead of August.  Not surprisingly, Nov/Dec are cloudiest, just about neck and neck.

Nearly pure sunshine here in Augusta.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

My water year summary Oct 1 to September 30th 39.10 normal according to Cocorahs is 49.18

38.28" here, and my 18-year avg is 49.21".  Local rivers at record low, and S. Maine is even worse - folks in Berwick cautioned about very high manganese in town water.  They draw from the Salmon River, which is currently a series of puddles amidst the rocks, with the stagnating water taking the MN out of the bottom sediment.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

38.28" here, and my 18-year avg is 49.21".  Local rivers at record low, and S. Maine is even worse - folks in Berwick cautioned about very high manganese in town water.  They draw from the Salmon River, which is currently a series of puddles amidst the rocks, with the stagnating water taking the MN out of the bottom sediment.

ugh 

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

43.11" here.  Dry, but we've also had some 60" years within the past 5 years or so I think.  Average in town is like 50", increasing into the 70-inch range five miles up the road at the big hill.  

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

My water year summary Oct 1 to September 30th 39.10 normal according to Cocorahs is 49.18

17 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Looks like 34.98" over last year for me.

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The inversion is making the Whites do some crazy things this morning.  Nice Fata Morgana  with Mount Washington changing sizes and shapes every 60 seconds.  Looks like buttes rising out of the ground straight up.

Mount Washington massif photo during Fata Morgana episode this morning.  The thermal inversion in the low levels was really messing with the horizon.  It changed shape and sharpness every minute or so.  Parts of the mountain would go missing (like someone took a bite out of the horizon) and then reappear while another area disappeared.  Never boring in the mountains, you never know what cool sh*t you'll see every day.

2L8A6229_edited-3.jpg

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

.09 as the event winds down. What a joke

AWT.

Luckily Franklin Co did ok the past 6-8 weeks but this week has been a predictable bust.  .35" so far on the week.  Tomorrow I'll take some pics of the CT River at Turners Falls, I've never seen it so low.  

August/Septemebr rains, although stingy,  saved the farmers out here with minimal loses to crops for those without irrigation (which is most). 

Light showers tonight. Wet the ground but that looks like all we'll get here. 

With a bit of pre-cold season guilt, lit a fire in the stove and am enjoying some good beer in a  72°  living room.    :  )  

Craptacular weather pattern. So far, not nearly enough to make any appreciable dent in the precip deficit, but just blech outside. 

On the positive side, Hermine prompted me to change the oil in my generator, and Matt reminded me we have no spare  batteries in the house.

Hopefully I can use the extra gas I got to suck up leaves and/or run the snowblower. At least the leaves should be a safe bet.

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

SE CT has interestingly escaped the precipitation drought that most of E NE is locked into.  You are still on a roll from last year.

That roll started in Feb. 2013 when he sniffed out that storm.

Archived