EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June 21 and 23 severe weather risks

Ian

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'm ready to throw in the towel for tomorrow.   NAM nest and HRRR agree on the morning MCS, and whether it's right over us or focused further south, either way the big outflow boundary sets up south.   Maybe southern portions of the metro area still have a shot, but I'm losing optimism on the north side of town.   The GFS is much better because it really doesn't have the MCS.

I think I'm ready to throw in the towel for tomorrow.   NAM nest and HRRR agree on the morning MCS, and whether it's right over us or focused further south, either way the big outflow boundary sets up south.   Maybe southern portions of the metro area still have a shot, but I'm losing optimism on the north side of town.   The GFS is much better because it really doesn't have the MCS.

I'm about near that point too. It's been pretty precarious on several runs the last day or two. I guess at this point I'll hope for the early morning MCS to track right over us to give us some loud thunder. 

I'd imagine the worst swings to our south overall but it does seem it could be a hard one to come back from.

I hope you're right about the pattern trying to reload - or let's shoot for an even better pattern ;) - The tropical thing was on 18z again but a way different track of course. :lol:

The snow weenies are going to be trickling back in soon. :(

Pretty disappointing. But it's DC and it's severe. I think I'll switch to hoping for some loud thunder from any morning activity. 

I hope you start giving me nuggets/signs of an upcoming potential soon :P

But you get to play the "how many cars don't have headlights on in the pouring rain" game.

Only saw 2 of those.  The real game was "lets see how slow i can drive on the beltway" game.

The answer is: What is 20 MPH, Alex?

Correct.  You have control of the board

I'll take "Weenie catchphrases for $500"

Just light rain.....3rd event in a row that's missed south ..maybe this afternoon we can get some storms to fire up this way.

Same here. But the commute will be doubled regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived