12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 21 and 23 severe weather risks

Ian

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the flooding in VA is getting very bad. The Humpback Bridge (wooden covered bridge) in Allegheny County is in jeopardy of being washed out. Some of those areas have seen close to a foot of rain. Nearing 2" here so far and still raining.

You've been hit hard up there. Greenbrier County had a flash flood emergency and some of those area are pushing 10 inches of rain.

I just got home, 4.88 in CoCoRaHS gauge since 7 am, had .56 in it at 7 from overnight stuff. River was right at the edge of the road driving thru neighborhood, people scrambling to get things loaded and out. And when I turn on TV TWC is in my town broadcasting live.....so yeah.

One creek had already surpassed its all time crest, the river is expected to do the same overnight....U G L Y.

Bridge is in the distance on the second photo. Such a scenic place to go, I'd hate to see it get destroyed..

12VA-356-362pan-Humpback-Bridge.jpg13498035_1042000215837516_55065162585660

You were up here today? I think it is the last standing arched covered bridge in USA, there was one in OH that I think was lost to a flood last year or year before. It would be sad to lose it. That is Dunlap creek flowing under, it just surpassed its all time record crest, and still climbing. Normal flow is 30-40 cfs and 1.5 foot mark, last ob was 27,600 cfs and 16.3 feet.

EDIT- btw the gauge is just beyond the steel bridge in the background that the reading comes from.

You were up here today? I think it is the last standing arched covered bridge in USA, there was one in OH that I think was lost to a flood last year or year before. It would be sad to lose it. That is Dunlap creek flowing under, it just surpassed its all time record crest, and still climbing. Normal flow is 30-40 cfs and 1.5 foot mark, last ob was 27,600 cfs and 16.3 feet.

EDIT- btw the gauge is just beyond the steel bridge in the background that the reading comes from.

I might head that way tomorrow, but this photo was from the local news station. Mentioned an active swift water rescue going on.

5.03 total for yesterday. I recorded .56 at yesterdays report, maybe 0.05 was from early in that day, rest fell well past midnight, so the 'event' total in the 5.53/4/5 range. I was on the very northern edge of the cone of incredible rainfall amounts, just south and west of me 7-10 inches reported, all this in about 18 hours or so. River and creeks receding, it will be clean up day for my area. 

Archived