joxey
6/19-6/23 Severe Weather Risk

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, the city proper is in the clear

the prime target for the super cell to watch has been p obvious for a while now

Hard to deny the model consistency with cells in the general vicinity. Still too close for comfort, especially with an extremely favorable inflow environment.

post-533-0-87305800-1466619610_thumb.png

yep, the city proper is in the clear

the prime target for the super cell to watch has been p obvious for a while now

Not even close, man. You have S/SW flow right now.. Gonna make that call right now based on model output? 

Recipe to get bit right in the ass.

not saying it's true this time but the HRRR has a strong bias for overdoing lake breeze penetration.

Certainly noticed that on some days not too long ago, but today is a different setup and it does have support from other models.

The city boundaries are pretty big from north to south so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a scenario where the southern part of the city (not metro) has a substantially higher threat than the northern part.

fwiw, the 17z HRRR is still pretty cellular at 02z.

Yup. 4k nam still has this forming a derecho and diving SE, I believe WRF was also showing this as well. Surprised they're not hitting on the flash flood potential as well, these things are gonna drop tremendous rainfall.

One thing that June 5-6 of 2010 teaches us is that this is not a guarantee it will turn into a QLCS. If some remember that was supposed to be an Illinois/Iowa tornado event but what wound up happening is the cells never congealed and we had two strong tornadoes within the Toledo metro area at midnight.

I'm not saying this will definitely happen but the environments are starkly similar with robust CAPE expected and strong deep shear

Archived