Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SV Rgem map doesn't start until .10" of precip (makes no sense why they do that; what if this were a 30 to 1 event???)

Rgem is .05"-.09" of precip. Coating to 1" of snow.

12z Ukmet is 1"-2".

Ukmet was 1-2 area wide or Long Island? It's the only model so far showing that much so far. The CMC was next to nothing. Euro is up in a half hour...

What time do you guys think the radar hallucinations and the "its .25 miles farther West than progged" posts will start? I would like to stop by later in time for the fun :-)

If this were 10+ years ago, a 25-50 mile error would be possible. Even inside of 12 hours.

Nobody cares about an inch or two in SNJ and far E LI. This one is for the fish. Kind of reminds me of the big disaster from last March 

Which disaster from last March? I remember a solid storm on the 1st, the snow/ipzr/rain on the 3rd, the anafront on the 4th/5th which hit NYC pretty good, and the 21st storm with a solid snow (not sure if NYC did good on that one). Maybe my memory is escaping me but i dont remember a huge whiff or disaster from last year. I remember the 13-14 winter where there was a huge trend in the models to whiff last minute in March but that was 2 seasons ago. When models went from a solid 6-12 deal to nothing really fast. Which one are you referring to from last year?

Which disaster from last March? I remember a solid storm on the 1st, the snow/ipzr/rain on the 3rd, the anafront on the 4th/5th which hit NYC pretty good, and the 21st storm with a solid snow (not sure if NYC did good on that one). Maybe my memory is escaping me but i dont remember a huge whiff or disaster from last year. I remember the 13-14 winter where there was a huge trend in the models to whiff last minute in March but that was 2 seasons ago. When models went from a solid 6-12 deal to nothing really fast. Which one are you referring to from last year?

He meant 2014 I assume. Even that storm ended up busting in DC. I don't think they saw more than 2-3 inches there

Snowgoose is correct. I'm talking about the 2014 storm. Also the end of January 2015 storm was a complete disaster for anyone West of the Garden State Parkway which is just under half this subforum.

If the Euro is showing 1"-2" as IsentropicLift said, that would at least be a little something to enjoy. Better than the models that give us only a half inch coating. 

I see .5" to 1" on the Euro from tonight and 1"-2" from the clipper on Sunday.

There euro is not 1-2 from this system, that would be combined from both this system and the clipper. And with temps in the 30s and March sun i wouldn't expect anyone in and around the city to be looking at any accumulating snow that's nice to look at. Roads/sidewalks will likely be wet and maybe a coating or a little more on table tops grassy surfaces. 

If this was early Jan with temps in the 20s it would be nice to whiten up the ground and a nice light mood snow, but this time of year with these temps... we're talking white rain = not fun

There euro is not 1-2 from this system, that would be combined from both this system and the clipper. And with temps in the 30s and March sun i wouldn't expect anyone in and around the city to be looking at any accumulating snow that's nice to look at. Roads/sidewalks will likely be wet and maybe a coating or a little more on table tops grassy surfaces.

If this was early Jan with temps in the 20s it would be nice to whiten up the ground and a nice light mood snow, but this time of year with these temps... we're talking white rain = not fun

The clipper has -8 850s and falls early Sunday morning, pre-dawn. Good bursts of snow can coat most areas outside of Manhattan.

any coatings will also be gone by noon on both days....these 2 minor events will pad the totals for some areas, but that is about it.  JFK needs 1/2 inch to get to 40 on the year.

Last March was nice. 18 inches here.

He meant 2014 I assume. Even that storm ended up busting in DC. I don't think they saw more than 2-3 inches there

2-3 storms that winter in March was modeled to hit NYC. Every one of them went south. SMH.

Archived