Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the best run we had. Didn't even hug the coast and it was still mostly rain.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_22.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_23.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_24.png

As Anthony pointed out, you posted the wrong storm. This is the 2nd low that GFS developed with the cutter storm. Look at the time stamp, early Thursday. When the GGEM showed tomorrow's storm hitting us good, it was showing snow and an all out blizzard. 

Sucks seeing places in the midatlantic under a winter storm watch in March.

Yeah but their criteria for watch/warning is much lower than ours. Their WSWs are our WWA. 3-5" in the text bulletin for the winter storm warnings posted. That's an advisory for us. I love seeing when the gulf coast or northern FL is under a winter storm warning for less than an inch. 

Yeah but their criteria for watch/warning is much lower than ours. Their WSWs are our WWA. 3-5" in the text bulletin for the winter storm warnings posted. That's an advisory for us. I love seeing when the gulf coast or northern FL is under a winter storm warning for less than an inch.

Didn't they have one in 2014?

That's the GGEM. How well does it score?

It's NAVGEM bad.

Pretty sure you were looking at the wrong storm. If this storm headed further north it would have been snow as we have a pretty good cold air source. Obviously if it really hugged the coast it would have been rain for coastal areas.

But none of this matters bc it's a scrape at best.

As Anthony pointed out, you posted the wrong storm. This is the 2nd low that GFS developed with the cutter storm. Look at the time stamp, early Thursday. When the GGEM showed tomorrow's storm hitting us good, it was showing snow and an all out blizzard.

I'm laughing so hard I think I might wet myself!

That is awesome lol

Guest Pamela

There was an absolute and definitive shift north on the 0z Nam.   At 18z the .25" isopleth was 50 miles SE of Westhampton.....at 0z it is practically touching it. 

Guest Pamela

There was an absolute and definitive shift north on the 0z Nam.   At 18z the .25" isopleth was 50 miles SE of Westhampton.....at 0z it is practically touching it. 

0z Canadien looks better too over LI.

Archived