Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic case of the Euro struggling with the strength of the northern stream

on that run last Saturday which had 8-16 from MTP to CC. Check out how the

stronger 50/50 adds just enough suppression with the stronger high and confluence

east of Nova Scotia.

It's over North and West of the city and has been for days. The city and points East still have a chance at a little accumulation but I think that's going to be more towards SNJ and E LI.

NAM and RGEM locked in yesterday and rest of the guidance went that way overnight.  Odd to see the NW model so suppressed yesterday-red flag there.  Also, with the OTS coastal trending stronger, that robbed the overrunning that many of us would have seen if we had a weaker coastal.   

This events basically dead, however, I have, rarely seen anyone talk or use the wrf models.

So, was doing some reliability searching on the mesoscale models, wrf-nmm and wrf-arw, and from what I've been reading, they have been extremely reliable. Now, the 0z wrf-nmm gave half of southern Jersey and parts of long island more then 3 inches.

This events basically dead, however, I have, rarely seen anyone talk or use the wrf models.

So, was doing some reliability searching on the mesoscale models, wrf-nmm and wrf-arw, and from what I've been reading, they have been extremely reliable. Now, the 0z wrf-nmm gave half of southern Jersey and parts of long island more then 3 inches.

Nobody cares about an inch or two in SNJ and far E LI. This one is for the fish. Kind of reminds me of the big disaster from last March 

Nobody cares about an inch or two in SNJ and far E LI. This one is for the fish. Kind of reminds me of the big disaster from last March

Right,but the real question,and sorta a statement, wrf is shown as being highly reliable.. with that in mind, why have I rarely if ever seen it mentioned/used?

I mean for the summer. True weenies always post throughout the year.

Guess I'm not a "true weenie" lol. I will definitely lurk and check in from time to time this summer, but overall I find the weather from June thru part of Sept pretty darn boring. Unless its an extreme anomaly temp-wise, a tropical system, severe, or something else unusual, I'm usually fishing, camping, spending time with the kids since they are on summer vacation, on vacation somewhere myself, etc. My computer time is usually rather limited during those months.

And yeah, obviously I will be back if 18z tonight does a 180 :-)

Guess I'm not a "true weenie" lol. I will definitely lurk and check in from time to time this summer, but overall I find the weather from June thru part of Sept pretty darn boring. Unless its an extreme anomaly temp-wise, a tropical system, severe, or something else unusual, I'm usually fishing, camping, spending time with the kids since they are on summer vacation, on vacation somewhere myself, etc. My computer time is usually rather limited during those months.

And yeah, obviously I will be back if 18z tonight does a 180 :-)

I have a feeling this will be a very active Spring/Summer as we come off the strong Nino and move towards a Nina. I think the Florida TC landfall drought ends.

The NAM 4K shows an extremely well organized system. It almost looks like a hurricane off the coast, 400 miles east of ACY. That's impressive in its own right. 

A little further west and this would have been an amazing March KU blizzard.

The satellite image is going to look really fierce when this rapidly deepens tomorrow.

BALTIMORE CANYON TO CAPE CHARLES LIGHT TO 100 NM OFFSHOREHURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING    TODAY  FRI  N TO NE WINDS INCREASING TO 40 TO 50 KT...BECOMING N 60 TO  75 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT...BUILDING TO 13 TO 22 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

A little further west and this would have been an amazing March KU blizzard.

The satellite image is going to look really fierce when this rapidly deepens tomorrow.

BALTIMORE CANYON TO CAPE CHARLES LIGHT TO 100 NM OFFSHOREHURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING TODAY FRI N TO NE WINDS INCREASING TO 40 TO 50 KT...BECOMING N 60 TO 75 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT...BUILDING TO 13 TO 22 FT. CHANCE OF RAIN.

If what I saw last night on models is still true, Nova Scotia is going be hammered hard.

Archived