• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

I measured 1.1" at 8:30 am, when I left for work, but I know it still snowed lightly for awhile after that, looking at the radar.  I assume we might've had a little more accumulation on the snow (but not paved surfaces) - did you get a final measurement?

My final measurement was at 11pm with 1.4

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December so badly skewed it though, if December was even +4 this winter probably only ends up bottom few of the top 10 if that. I'd have considered this winter a fake warm winter had it broke #1 much like I consider the 09-10 snow records fake in DCA BWI and PHL because 80% of it fell in 2 storms. 95-96 was much more legit I think

Agree...while my station recorded tied for 3rd warmest winter since 1977, the Jan and Feb period was just the 13th warmest.

At 7am

Central Park 0.4

LGA 0.6

JFK 0.9

EWR 1.0

The Conservancy low again as they have been all season. Looks like NOAA traded in one worthless group (Central Park Zoo) for another.

No surprises. It will be interesting to see if any update beyond that.

the climate data says 0.4"...0.11" all snow LE...should be at least 1.1"...

And the totals for today March 4, 2016 are in.

LGA 1.2 inches
JFK 1.4 inches
Newark 1.4 inches

and surprise, surprise Central Park 0.4 inches.

It's time to end the experiment. The Zookeeper was horrible, the Conservancy this year has been worse. They F'd up what should have been the all time greatest snowfall in NYC and every minor event since.

Unbelievable

Seasonal totals

Central park  31.6

LGA              35.6

JFK               40.9

Newark          36.2

Very doubtful the man in the geographic middle of it all is low man on the totem pole by that much.

They can change the players all they want but the incompetence remains the same. Zookeeper or Conservancy = I don't give a sh!t about measuring snow. Year after year after year.

I give up.

I don't know PB. Going by many years of experience, LGA and JFK usually come in with very little during marginal situations, as if they measure snow on cement, instead of a snow board.

Wouldn't be surprised if they both reported .3"-.5" with KNYC reporting about 1".

We shall see.

As I stated earlier I have found this to be completely the opposite of what you said, and today holds true.

Incompetence = The Central Park Zoo and now the Conservancy. It's been going on for years.

Guest Pamela

Port Jeff saw 1.3 inches...41.7" on the season.  Considering the fact we were @ 0.0" on 16 January...I would say the winter was salvaged...

Archived