Newest Member
    Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.5" Cape May.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=PNS&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

Total will be 3.3" here, bringing me to 35.5" on the season. Pretty good winter snowfall wise. Most of the coast with 35-40"+, assuming no other events.

First 40-40 winter for spots on the East Coast since Norfolk in 79-80.

So the weather threw both the snow and warmth lovers a bone this winter.

Monmouth County has to be doing well with seasonal totals now. They got hit as hard as anybody back in January and have been in the jackpot zone for just about every storm since then.

Today put my parent's house in Holmdel over the 30" mark for the season, thats about the same as elsewhere to the north around the city...we were a few inches less than the I-78 corridor in the blizzard, but have chipped into that deficit a bit in the other minor snow events since.

Guest Pamela

What's a 40 / 40 winter?  HR / SB's don't seem to fit the bill...

Today put my parent's house in Holmdel over the 30" mark for the season, thats about the same as elsewhere to the north around the city...we were a few inches less than the I-78 corridor in the blizzard, but have chipped into that deficit a bit in the other minor snow events since.

JFK and parts of NYCs boroughs are 35"-41".

Guest Pamela

Avg temps/snowfall totals

Since the mean  Dec 1 - Feb 28 is close to 33F in these parts...that means a +7 DFN for 90 days...no mean feat.

Guest Pamela

Avg temps/snowfall totals

Of course, a mean of 40 F in Norfolk is pretty easy to achieve...its the 40 inch mark that would be problematic 99 out of 100 times.  I recall that 1979-80

winter...there was a huge snow event around 1 March 1980 in the Tidewater of VA...about 13 inches fell in Norfolk, IIRC.  

Of course, a mean of 40 F in Norfolk is pretty easy to achieve...its the 40 inch mark that would be problematic 99 out of 100 times.  I recall that 1979-80

winter...there was a huge snow event around 1 March 1980 in the Tidewater of VA...about 13 inches fell in Norfolk, IIRC.  

NYC was a 41.1 mean this winter.

average temperature 40 or over with over 40" of snow...plus only 40 days with a min 32 or lower...

December so badly skewed it though, if December was even +4 this winter probably only ends up bottom few of the top 10 if that. I'd have considered this winter a fake warm winter had it broke #1 much like I consider the 09-10 snow records fake in DCA BWI and PHL because 80% of it fell in 2 storms. 95-96 was much more legit I think

Guest Pamela

December so badly skewed it though, if December was even +4 this winter probably only ends up bottom few of the top 10 if that. I'd have considered this winter a fake warm winter had it broke #1 much like I consider the 09-10 snow records fake in DCA BWI and PHL because 80% of it fell in 2 storms. 95-96 was much more legit I think

To have a mean of 50 F in December is amazing; its not even easy to achieve in November.  

To have a mean of 50 F in December is amazing; its not even easy to achieve in November.  

in my life there are many bench mark warm days, months, seasons but nothing compares with December 2015...I think it would have made a top ten warm November...

We have had over 40 days above 50 degrees. Most on record. Most 60 degree days on record as well.

It wasn't just December.

You can say the same for February then. If you take away the 5 day cold stretch where NYC hit -1, the remaining 24 days are a +6.5.

there wasn't one cold day in December 2015...If 1982 did not have a cold wave and snowfall it would have rivaled this year...

Guest Pamela

there wasn't one cold day in December 2015...If 1982 did not have a cold wave and snowfall it would have rivaled this year...

The SnowPlow game at Foxboro...Shula fumed...lol.  The Jets blew out Tampa Bay that morning at Shea...

Guest Pamela

Think of it like hitting 40 home runs and stealing 40 bases, except that its more like hitting 40 home runs and batting .040

Its the Dave Kingman of winters.

Like the penultimate song from Oklahoma...All or Nothin'

Guest Pamela

Like the penultimate song from Oklahoma...All or Nothin'

With you it's all er nuthin'.

All fer you and nuthin' fer me!

But if a wife is wise, she's gotta realize,

That men like you are wild and free.

So I ain't gonna fuss, ain't gonna frown,

Have your fun, go out on the town,

Stay up late and don't come home till three.

And go right off to sleep if you're sleepy,

There's no use waitin' up fer me!

in my life there are many bench mark warm days, months, seasons but nothing compares with December 2015...I think it would have made a top ten warm November...

This December was actually 2.2 degrees from the average April. Amazing and sickening for those of us that love snow, cold, and having both during the holiday season.

Looks like everything went as forecast except for a few more inches in se jersey

I measured 1.1" at 8:30 am, when I left for work, but I know it still snowed lightly for awhile after that, looking at the radar.  I assume we might've had a little more accumulation on the snow (but not paved surfaces) - did you get a final measurement?

Archived