Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Idlewild, you kill me, :)

Port Jeff 10:00 AM...temp 28 F...dew point 25 F...humidity 88%...wind light out of the NE...barometer 30.15" and falling...light snow at the moment.

I give it my best shot CP...

Guest Pamela

Good to see the 14z HRRR with the heaviest accumulations in the metro area in the vicinity of Port Jefferson...as is invariably the case...

post-747-0-38589800-1457106534_thumb.gif

Which accounts for the earlier mention of 1-3 additional possible. If you look at radar it coming up from the south parallel to the island

I dont see it, looking at radar. I see the coastal starting to rob the northern moisture and pulling everything towards it.

Hrrr has the coastal precip making a NW push at about noon. We'll find out soon.

I dont see it, looking at radar. I see the coastal starting to rob the northern moisture and pulling everything towards it.

Hrrr has the coastal precip making a NW push at about noon. We'll find out soon.

As I typed this, the new 15z HRRR took away any enhancement and has it over for NYC and over for LI and NJ in 1-2 hours.

Guest Pamela

As I typed this, the new 15z HRRR took away any enhancement and has it over for NYC and over for LI and NJ in 1-2 hours.

It actually took it away at 15z (10:00 AM EST) to be specific...

NYC has 2?

Here in Queens, we are definitely 1.5"-2" on grass and colder surfaces.

Not sure what the official stations will report, but going by past experience, the airports usually report very little in marginal situations while the park reports more realistic one.

If they wait until 1pm to measure though, no reporting station will report anything more then .5". The March sun is already melting the snow that has fallen.

Snow is over right now for the city and Upton should get the final snow totals now from the stations to get an accurate reading.

Here in Queens, we are definitely 1.5"-2" on grass and colder surfaces.

Not sure what the official stations will report, but going by past experience, the airports usually report very little in marginal situations while the park reports more realistic one.

If they wait until 1pm to melt though, no reporting station will report anything more then .5".

Snow is over right now for the city and Upton should get the final snow totals now from the stations.

Thanks. I know PB has spiked the football many times before the final results came out. Last storm he said 2-4 for the airports and not one airport had about 2

Think the 5 boroughs come in w close to 2

No whiff here or LI for sure.

I don't know PB. Going by many years of experience, LGA and JFK usually come in with very little during marginal situations, as if they measure snow on cement, instead of a snow board.

Wouldn't be surprised if they both reported .3"-.5" with KNYC reporting about 1".

We shall see.

Archived