Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Models Have Us On Northern Edge Of Snow 3/4/16

bluewave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z GFS says interior snow next week. Must resist falling for it..... Must resist the trap....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A good call, I was also going to warn any addicts like myself that the 12Z GFS snow map for next Wednesday/Thursday shows a solid 18 inches in the HV and they shouldn't pay attention like I did.

I also then reminded myself that if all of the long range GFS snow maps came to fruition this year, the HV would be approaching 300 inches of snow for the season.

We are going to need good timing and luck next month in order to get a real snowstorm regardless if we are in MJO Phase 8 - the AO does not look as strong in the Negative stage moving forward as advertised the last few days and the NAO will remain positive looking at the link below and even the PNA is forecasted to decline towards neutral - looks like a progressive pattern - cold shots - warm ups a lot of volatility - plus an increasing sun angle

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao.sprd2.gif

We are going to need good timing and luck next month in order to get a real snowstorm regardless if we are in MJO Phase 8 - the AO does not look as strong in the Negative stage moving forward as advertised the last few days and the NAO will remain positive looking at the link below and even the PNA is forecasted to decline towards neutral - looks like a progressive pattern - cold shots - warm ups a lot of volatility - plus an increasing sun angle

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/ao.sprd2.gif

Plus without blocking, storms run the risk of going through the lakes.

Almost time to pack it in. Might as well get some warmth in here.

Really close. The models don't have a sustained period of colder weather. Everything has to be timed right for a big storm in this upcoming pattern. I do think we see some more snow, I do not think we will see a big snowstorm again this winter. Winter should break around mid to late March.

Almost time to pack it in. Might as well get some warmth in here.

There's no cold air anywhere at this point.  This weekend was modeled to be cold now it's average at best and we have yet another warmup 2/29-3/2.     Despite some favorable indices next few weeks, doesn't look like we're going to see much.  

It's funny how quickly this went downhill. The models were showing a big arctic front coming through Sunday, and staying cold next week. So cold that they were showing the storm track suppressed to the south. Then in just 1 day they made a huge switch to warmth and cutters. You just can't believe anything the models show for a week away! Very frustrating hobby sometimes. 

Archived