joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Potential Feb 23-24

rolltide_130

AT 834 AM EST...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A FUNNEL CLOUD

NORTHWEST OF WALHALLA. A TORNADO MAY DEVELOP AT ANY TIME. THIS

DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED 5 MILES NORTHWEST OF WALHALLA...OR NEAR

OCONEE STATE PARK...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

OCONEE STATE PARK AND MOUNTAIN REST.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They upped tornado probs and lowered wind. They thought last night more of a line segment with less tornado threat now they're leaning more towards more individual cells thus less widespread wind damage but more tornadoes.

Also around 70 degrees down near the coast where the high temp was only supposed to be 72-74...

Ok, that makes sense.  I appreciate it.

Ok, that makes sense.  I appreciate it.

No problem! I suspect they'll wait at 12:30-1 and may pull the trigger on a high risk if conditions unfold as the HRRR shows... I have a feeling this could be very bad from Raleigh and points east. A few hours of sun will put areas into low and mid 70s and with the dynamics aloft that's going to cause some major supercells to form.

The funny thing is Wake was in the moderate risk earlier.

I know it's very strange to me. Go to the spc day one outlook page and under the picture they have the cities in the different risks.... For the mod risk they have ALL Virginia cities listed.... That's so dumb to me. Nc is staring a big tornado day in the face and they don't even mention one NC city being in the mod risk??

Btw the 13z HRRR.... Cape values skyrocketing above 2300 and its not isolated it's over central and nc

April 2011 anyone??

post-8878-0-09378000-1456322906_thumb.pnpost-8878-0-55602500-1456322914_thumb.pn

I know it's very strange to me. Go to the spc day one outlook page and under the picture they have the cities in the different risks.... For the mod risk they have ALL Virginia cities listed.... That's so dumb to me. Nc is staring a big tornado day in the face and they don't even mention one NC city being in the mod risk??

Btw the 13z HRRR.... Cape values skyrocketing above 2300 and its not isolated it's over central and nc

They list them in descending order by population.

April 2011 anyone??

attachicon.gifimage.pngattachicon.gifimage.png

And I think the back and forth is going to confuse people and they will let their guard down. Already saw people comment on WRAL's facebook page it looks like a bust because of the change.

I think they just list in order the highest population cities  in each risk area. The parts of NC in the moderate area aren't nearly as densely populated. They should change it so that it always lists cities in all parts of the risk area.

And I think the back and forth is going to confuse people and they will let their guard down. Already saw people comment on WRAL's facebook page it looks like a bust because of the change.

I think a lot of people are not taking this seriously. Wayne County Schools are letting out at 11. Other counties more in the bulls eye are not flinching. Me? I just walked though and took pics of expensive items in my house....just in case.

I think a lot of people are not taking this seriously. Wayne County Schools are letting out at 11. Other counties more in the bulls eye are not flinching. Me? I just walked though and took pics of expensive items in my house....just in case.

From what I say HRRR was pretty good yesterday... And it's trending better and better (worse and worse?) as the event gets closer. That's a sign this is going to be a bad day. HRRR's trends mean everything if it's backing off watch out for a bust but if it's trending stronger watch out for a big day

Archived