joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Potential Feb 23-24

rolltide_130

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another ridiculous wedge here.....what's so darn frustrating is how the CAD always seems to be just weak enough or scoured out in winter systems to prevent winter weather, but come springtime, they are robust to the point of all but eliminating any severe weather threat. I've lived here my whole life and I will speak in absolutes when it comes to late winter, early spring CAD.....don't think I've ever even had a severe storm roll through here with NE winds and 48 degrees.

Yep, last Monday was perfect example! Was supposed to warm to 40's and 50s here by about 1 a m, but was still at 31 then and 36 at 8 A M! Wedges hold on longer and stronge than forecasted ! I think we might hear a rumble or two of thunder, and some gusty winds, way too stable for severe in the heart of the wedge! Now if I lived in CAE and East of I -77, I would be concerned about tomorrow !

It's never a good thing when I feel the need to go on Twitter and search for damage pics

Extensive damage in the Lora Point area of NE Pensacola. #flwx #tornado

DEVELOPING: Major damage, injuries reported in #EscambiaCounty #FLwx after #TORNADO near #Pensacola #TornadoOUTBREAK

Brett Adair, well-known livestreaming storm chaser on tvnweather.com (i.e., credible), had a string of Tweets:

Large, rain wrapped cone funnel passed in front of me on HWY-98 just east of New Augusta MS 5 min ago.
Yn3eqnL.jpg

Headed in the general direction of Gulf Shores.....this should be interesting soon.

IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:  Structures destroyed on US-90.  People thrown from homes just north of I-10 exit.  Assitance needed. Cont. 

En route to the hospital with an infant and lady currently with her husband.  They were thrown from a home.  Terrible damage..

Sounds horrible in Pensacola, heavily populated area, talk of total leveling of some structures.....I am sure the sun will reveal a horror show....looking on Google Earth there is nothing but houses and apts in that entire area.....

Gotta hope this is a not the case 

#BREAKING report from Twitter from Near Moorings Apts - Almost every tree is gone, parts of roofs missing, our..

https://twitter.com/northescambia

Sounds horrible in Pensacola, heavily populated area, talk of total leveling of some structures.....I am sure the sun will reveal a horror show....looking on Google Earth there is nothing but houses and apts in that entire area.....

Gotta hope this is a not the case

NorthEscambia.com@northescambia 1m1 minute ago

#BREAKING report from Twitter from Near Moorings Apts - Almost every tree is gone, parts of roofs missing, our..

https://twitter.com/northescambia

Scanner feed is talking whole apartment buildings on the ground, not lightweight truss construction either. Not good at all.

It's obvious that the I-85 area from ATL through GSO is out of the severe threat. This includes the Charlotte metro area. The cold air damming is getting stronger as the evening goes on. This could be an I-95 and east threat only.

Never say never with such a potent system like this.   The warm front is forcing warm unstable air north and east as time passes.

Scanner feed is talking whole apartment buildings on the ground, not lightweight truss construction either. Not good at all.

This dumbass on the scene for that live feed is talking about how they have everyone out etc...its not even possible to know that...I mean not to be morbid but dead people dont call for help and it sure doesnt look like they could have gone through these buildings/homes that well this fast....

This dumbass on the scene for that live feed is talking about how they have everyone out etc...its not even possible to know that...I mean not to be morbid but dead people dont call for help and it sure doesnt look like they could have gone through these buildings/homes that well this fast....

That's impossible. They don't even have light trucks on the scene yet. 

2cfe9a70c985899279eb129b863c5d02.jpg

Archived