joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high on this one is in a more favorable spot to produce a longer period of icing. At least right now. But synoptics can change.

I get that you and Ray are checked out...that's fine. I'm just explaining to others who might still be interested in this that it is something to watch.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I hope I didn't make it seem otherwise.

Connor and Brooke chucking fantasy watches right now.

But at this point, all you can say is it's not an outlier against the ensemble data.

Nice little 15-30" storm there.  We can start there and adjust upward if needed later.

Verbatim probably doubles the seasonal snowfall in upstate NY into NNE, haha.

Time to shovel some fantasy snow.  I'm only halfway through the storm and at 1.5" of QPF already, haha.  Love me a good couple feet of GFS fantasy snow.

attachicon.gifGFS.jpg

Hey I thought we were not allowed to post model pics if they were more than 3 hours out.

Darn you GFS just when I was out you pull me back in.  Monday not too far off from being interesting here too as it sets up a snow shield just north of the border and then pivots.

This would make 40 feet that PF has had on the GFS, reality is near the 30 inches mark, whats  3% accuracy between friends

I've seen a ton of fantasy storms this season that totaled more than my entire seasonal total in the backyard :lol:

Every day there's at least one GFS run that brings a 30-40" run up here.

Haha good point.  I've seen a ton of fantasy storms this season that totaled more than my entire seasonal total in the backyard :lol:

Really though, even all winter long the EURO EPS snow maps have been very high up here, but always in the day 7-15 range, ha. 

Every day there's at least one GFS run that brings a 30-40" run up here.

Hey at least the storm on the GFS is underway by 138-144. :lol:

This is actually the storm before the one that has a very strong signal on the Euro ensembles around D8...the EC ensembles on the D6 storm were pretty spread out too...so while I like the D8-9 setup better, the D6 setup is far from written in stone. The 18z run was more like previous suites that had the high in a favorable spot to the north, rather than several 12z runs where the evolution was just completely different. The models are clearly having all sorts of issues handling the spokes rotating around the PV in E Canada.

Connor and Brooke chucking fantasy watches right now.

But at this point, all you can say is it's not an outlier against the ensemble data.

This. I'll be honest, based on the 12z ensembles and there actually being some spread towards the BM, I was pretty curious to see what the 18z GFS would do. I had a feeling it would go the way it did, still a really long lead but this one doesn't have the same feel that the last one did at the same lead.

Hey at least the storm on the GFS is underway by 138-144. :lol:

Talk about a really well timed high and confluence on that 18z run.  That thing was winding up for the cut, but just runs into a brick wall and moves due east.  That's a real thread the needle solution with regards to the timing of features.

Normally a 999mb strengthening low over the southern Indiana state border doesn't end well for anywhere in the northeast but the high is timed perfectly that run.  Toggling between the 12z and 18z, they are very similar except for stronger confluence that is just enough to force it under New England while 12z is allowed to cut.

forget it - i already asked/tried that. 

he hasn't checked out, trust us.  he's just having a temper tantrum and saying he checked out is just part of his square-mouthed rage.  he is in fact more likely melting down over the fact that the dice haven't rolled in favor of what he wants. 

folks in general should keep a vigilant awareness of caveat emptor in mind. there are no certainties in the game.  Seriously...that can't be hammered in enough; yet... people catch "wind" (pun intended..) of this that or the other global indicator for a favorable pattern and it really more than just seems they run with it so far and long that they strand them selves out in the middle of nowhere when the 'certainty' for getting result betrays them. 

it's all about having realistic expectations - oh, and not letting one's neurological dysfunction of being emotionally dependent upon whatever the weather is doing determine one's happiness.... but that will NEVER happen :)

such bs he has had a half way decent winter compared to a lot of other folks around here, even I have not done all that horrible considering....so dramatic...geez

The euro ensembles tracked the GFS storm at 144 almost over our heads from PA. The coastal it has with a strong signal is the storm after that. GFS wa a scraper on that one around d8-9.

can you imagine ...  three 20" over three weeks, then winter ends - 

all the schiteaters would have to admit it was an above normal winter? 

ah ahahahaaha...  seriously though, Harv once told me that in 1956 there was like 60" in March after a piss poor year - stranger things have happened. 

can you imagine ... three 20" over three weeks, then winter ends -

all the schiteaters would have to admit it was an above normal winter?

ah ahahahaaha... seriously though, Harv once told me that in 1956 there was like 60" in March after a piss poor year - stranger things have happened.

I really wouldn't want that much in March. I'm mostly tuning out of winter by mid March anyway. And with this winter, might as well fast forward to spring.

It's still d6.

I know, just posting what it shows. The other storm after this is also a lakes cutter on the gfs and ggem.

Ukie is a big cutter =(

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=00&mod=ukmet&stn=PNM&comp=1&run2=00&mod2=ukmet&stn2=PNM&hh2=144&fixhh=1&stn2_type=prog&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest&hh=120

Archived