• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
NCSNOW

Valentine's Day Storm Obs

19/17 with Snow/Sleet mix. Those sleet pellets are pretty big too.

I woke up at 3:30am and we were still all snow, then woke up at 8:00am and we were at a mix. Went out amd measured 4.1" after who knows how much compaction. Probably closer to 4.5" if I had measured before the sleet.

Now we wait. NWS says I get up to 32 today after saying 31 yesterday. Have a long way to go, but we'll see. Looks like we're right on the southern edge of the precip stream.

Amazing you got 2 inches more than me and you are 35 miles away and a couple hundred feet higher. We were on the southern edge all evening, im sure places like Chatham and Gretna have a lot more than 2.5

Amazing you got 2 inches more than me and you are 35 miles away and a couple hundred feet higher. We were on the southern edge all evening, im sure places like Chatham and Gretna have a lot more than 2.5

Like I said, I'm not sure how much compaction took place. It was 4.1" on the nose after 6 measurements. Maybe that was pretty close, who knows.

It started legitimately snowing (light snow) at around 5:30 yesterday and only stopped from 11pmish-1amish then picked right back up with snow again. Not sure when the sleet mixed in. It was all snow at 3:30-4:00am and as on 8:00am we were a sleet/snow mix.

Not particularly I lived in Chatham most my life just about always got more than Danville. Now I live in Danville blah does Danville need to worry about ice on trees and power lines or not so much

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not particularly I lived in Chatham most my life just about always got more than Danville. Now I live in Danville blah does Danville need to worry about ice on trees and power lines or not so much

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Depends on how much sleet mixes in before it completely switches over to freezing rain, temps are still pretty low, I dont expect the temp to warm above freezing until 8 tonight

Radar looks hideous! Unless it drizzles, precip won't make it here before 5-7 pm and our advisory is over at 7

Yeah our precip is just now showing up over west Alabama and will get in after dark. The area north of HWY 11 and west of HWY 25 may see it a bit earlier though. 

sitting here at 28 degrees with a dewpoint of 17. still nothing but a quick drizzle of freezing rain early this morning. looks to me on the radar that moister is being pulled in from the atlantic into sc and up through me

Like I said, I'm not sure how much compaction took place. It was 4.1" on the nose after 6 measurements. Maybe that was pretty close, who knows.

It started legitimately snowing (light snow) at around 5:30 yesterday and only stopped from 11pmish-1amish then picked right back up with snow again. Not sure when the sleet mixed in. It was all snow at 3:30-4:00am and as on 8:00am we were a sleet/snow mix.

Oh I believe you, its mostly freezing rain here now, temp is rising slowly up to 24

Nary a flake, pellet, or drop in Charlotte near the airport.

Was never going to be a storm for the metro, but it's still unbelievable how poorly Charlotte fares in most storms. Too far south or too far away from the Atlantic.