• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rowdy2x
    Newest Member
    Rowdy2x
lilj4425

Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

WYFF just posted on Facebook that the mets in the studio are getting more concerned about this storm.

I'm sure Dale Gilbert , is all bent out of shape! JC and CJ , left the door open and said they didn't expect much to happen today, last night, and said it would be rain by 5pm and 1/10 of an inch of glaze was possible, but if temps didnt warm , it could go from nuisance event to a major event!

Justus hype machine in full effect.

Not falling for it again.

You people crack me up. 

'I don't see it in MBY...... HYPE!'

Justus puts in a lot of work, and is very thorough. He is my favorite TV met that forecasts for WNC. He's usually spot on for us.

RAH at 11:00AM

A DEEP -8 DEGREE CELSIUS COLD NOSE NEAR THE SURFACE(PER KGSO RAOB)HAS SUPPORTED PERIODS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SLEET AND SNOW WITHIN THEHEAVIER PRECIP BANDS THIS MORNING. WE'VE SEEN A LIGHT COATING ACROSSTHE CENTRAL PIEDMONT/TRIANGLE REGION FROM THIS QUICK BURST OF SLEETBUT CONFIDENCE REMAINS HIGH THAT CONTINUED SIGNIFICANT WARMING ALOFTTHIS MORNING WILL SUPPORT PREDOMINATELY LIGHT FREEZINGRAIN/DRIZZLE...WITH THE INLAND RETREAT OF A COASTAL/WARM FRONTLEADING TO A RAPID CHANGEOVER TO RAIN/DRIZZLE FROM SOUTHEAST TONORTHWEST ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA DURING THE AFTERNOON. IN THEHEART OF THE DAMMING REGION...ACROSS THE NORTHWEST/NORTHERNPIEDMONT(WARNING AREA)...IT WILL BE VERY HARD TO DISLODGE THE VERYCOLD AIR...AND THIS IS THE AREA THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO SEE SOMESIGNIFICANT ICING THIS EVENING BEFORE PRECIP CHANGES OVER TO ALLRAIN AFTER 06Z.  

2xus_sf.gif

Can this map be accurate? Also, when animated, there is very little, if any, northern movement. And I'd imagine the low that is popping in Missouri could potentially prevent too much northern movement...

.25 of zr accrual, can start bringing down limbs and powerlines, correct?

.30" accrued is categorized as a "major" ice storm I believe (edit: for GSP area) - but I am not sure how much QPF at what rates would arrive at that number.

.25 of zr accrual, can start bringing down limbs and powerlines, correct?

Hey Mackerel, you now showing 26 with NE winds at 10

I have a feeling it is going to be very dangerous come commute time.

Hey Mackerel, you now showing 26 with NE winds at 10

I have a feeling it is going to be very dangerous come commute time.

Yeah I'm off today, but on noon news, they said some of hwy 11 was shut down due to wrecks . If we get precip in here heavy enough, and temps don't budge, could be serious! I've been between 28-29 all morning , W/ NE winds! Looks atleast 4-5 hours away from heavy stuff in Ga getting up this way! That meso high in VA may be what is holding the cold! Seeing people in triad complaining about warming temps, but have seen several time where RAH is 40-50 and we are wedged at 29-30! Just a watch game now, watch temps and radar, hope temps go up, if you like power!

Watching the radar closely and will be heading home if I see it show anything substantial coming this way. I work downtown, about 15-20 minutes north of my house but I think it's going to be ok. Right now GSP area just has spotty drizzle and flurries in places. It's looked the same on the radar all day. I'm watching all the little puffs of precip come in from the SC coast. We are still right at 28*F downtown. Temp hasn't really moved since 10:30 am when we were 26*F.

Yeah I'm off today, but on noon news, they said some of hwy 11 was shut down due to wrecks . If we get precip in here heavy enough, and temps don't budge, could be serious! I've been between 28-29 all morning , W/ NE winds! Looks atleast 4-5 hours away from heavy stuff in Ga getting up this way! That meso high in VA may be what is holding the cold! Seeing people in triad complaining about warming temps, but have seen several time where RAH is 40-50 and we are wedged at 29-30! Just a watch game now, watch temps and radar, hope temps go up, if you like power!

That wedge is holding strong without any precip for me here in Pickens. I've risen 2° since 2am this morning from 26 now up to 28. I'm thinking we at the highest 30 when the heavy stuff moves in and I would think that spells trouble!