• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

I've just seen two or three descriptions of the EuroPara and they are all leaps and bounds opposite of each other. :lol:

Snow map on storm vista shows a WNC special with a widespread 3-6". NGa gets 3"-6" widespread and then has a bullesye of 10"! Central NC gets 2"-4" and all of this is before the rain washes it away.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to agree burrel2, outside TN and the mtns cant risk a phase off to the west. It will be freezing rain galore. Atleast this way well have a better shot 9f staying sleet for awhile imo after the quick front end snow. Course we never got the front end snow in Jan storm and sleeted 3 inches of accum. Gonna be ironic if we hit climo and it's all sleet this year at GSO and WS areas.

No,

I'd be interested in hearing snow totals. (I.e. where does the 2 inch line run? Macon to Columbia... or atlanta to charlotte? etc..)

Also, surface temps and precip timing would be great if anyone wants to share. lol

pretty tight gradient.......2" cutoff seems to run from Atl to Charlotte per Stormvista maps.  part of the upstate is 6 - 8 and part 4 -6.

The 12z euro para is a lot better track but also slower.  It starts off as some frozen precip for all but quickly changes to rain as the hp is moving out.  It has most of the heavy precip late Monday and then through Tuesday.  We all need this track but quicker.  This storm has really slowed down.  It originally was a Monday storm but now looking more like Tuesday.  That's the wrong trend.

Para euro is keying on on that initial east to west band of precip developing Monday morning. That precip will most likely be snow, it's just a matter of who gets it. Most of the models focus that band over Tennessee into the NC mountains. The ARPEGE and Para Euro want to develop that streak farther south.

Outside of that feature, it looks like it will be rain, or freezing rain and sleet for everyone including the mountains. The amount of freezing rain and sleet depends on the development of CAD and the track of the surface low.

The 12z euro para is a lot better track but also slower.  It starts off as some frozen precip for all but quickly changes to rain as the hp is moving out.  It has most of the heavy precip late Monday and then through Tuesday.  We all need this track but quicker.  This storm has really slowed down.  It originally was a Monday storm but now looking more like Tuesday.  That's the wrong trend.

It'll be fropa before it's all over with given that drag

I only have surface map, but overall it's not much snow anywhere outside of the mountains. Quick burst of snow for Atlanta on Northward, maybe 1-2". CAD hangs on with surface temperatures below freezing for a good majority of the event just north of Atlanta, into N SC, and west of Raleigh, NC... but everyone switches to rain for at least some.

So in other words it's a nasty Ice storm in those areas on top of 1-2" of snow?!

My apologies to the guys at TW and Mac for sharing. Just seemed like a huge discrepancy with the information being given. Is the 4" in ATL also there? If so, good for those guys... Keeping hope alive.

The clown looks great. It does have 4" around Atlanta. But I doubt that is snow. Maybe 2-4" of snow isn't a stretch for NGA?!

Sounds like the trough just stays posotive and the surface low scoots west to east Monday a.m and everyone's best bet is to be in the right spot cause that's where the snow is coming from. The northern stream is so late it just heads poleward up the backside of the HP sliding out of the NE. Just give me the slider or surface lp and maybe the ns will be non existent, it's of no use unless you love ice. Now if it wants to dive down to Florida and phase with the surfacce low coming through late sun into monday a.m. then I'm all game possibly.

My apologies to the guys at TW and Mac for sharing. Just seemed like a huge discrepancy with the information being given. Is the 4" in ATL also there? If so, good for those guys... Keeping hope alive.

It's all good! The descrepency comes from GA getting a foot and NC getting rain! That's why 90% say it sucked

"possibly"....there is a very tight gradient on the Storm Vista snow map from Atl to GA / NC border.....so there could be 4" in the northern burbs.

Archived