joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh to say the least, I'm not giving up till Saturday. I've see plenty of storms move NW but not so many SE shifts like what's needed for the foothills/Mtns with this storm. I'm wishcasting but hopefully the HP will hang in long enough to keep the low track east toward at least I-95. But with no CAD she's free to track were ever she pleases.

Ugh to say the least, I'm not giving up till Saturday. I've see plenty of storms move NW but not so many SE shifts like what's needed for the foothills/Mtns with this storm. I'm wishcasting but hopefully the HP will hang in long enough to keep the low track east toward at least I-95. But with no CAD she's free to track were ever she pleases.

even with cad it would still cut.

Euro drops about 3 inches on the front side here and GFS has about 1-2 on the backside. So that's looking like worst case.

Who cares when its gone in a few hours from heavy rain, and you should know better than getting your hopes up from backside snow in McDowell due to downsloping, remember march 1 2009?

Who cares when its gone in a few hours from heavy rain, and you should know better than getting your hopes up from backside snow in McDowell due to downsloping, remember march 1 2009?

I'm playing with house money anyway. I'm at 120% of average snowfall for the year here. A 3 incher here and maybe a 3 incher from an ULL in March and I'm 200% and I'll roll down to Orlando on the big bird and enjoy spring training a happy man!

Well, at least models can only trend better from here. I actually sorta like being in this situation at this time frame (though maybe not quite that this extreme), having a goal to work towards on the models 4 days out, rather than having what we want only to see it disappear on the models. I'm curious how the EPS will compare with the OP Euro.

All things considered, though, I'm sure GSP/RAH are feeling pretty foolish right now, after being so abnormally bullish for this event.

Well, at least models can only trend better from here. I actually sorta like being in this situation at this time frame (though maybe not quite that this extreme), having a goal to work towards on the models 4 days out, rather than having what we want only to see it disappear on the models. I'm curious how the EPS will compare with the OP Euro.

All things considered, though, I'm sure GSP/RAH are feeling pretty foolish right now, after being so abnormally bullish for this event.

Let's see how much GSP backtracks when their afternoon disco comes out.

I would make sure you use the ens and ens mean after seeing all individual members to make sure one is not promoting a false signal before buying the ops good or bad till atleast saturday. Still think this is a warning criteria storm Monday for mtns, foothills and good chunk of western peidmont(ice mostly here). Havent seen any evidence on ens to change my thinking. The ops can play alot of folks like a yo yo. If the ens start zeroing in on a rain storm then bet on the rain storm, but until then be cautious both ways, good and bad

Archived