Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know this is confusing, i read where things look great that there is no way the storm can cut, then I come back later and everyone is jumping off the cliff, then I come back and everyone is talking how good things look again and now things look bad again, what in the -----is going on?   :whistle:

you know this is confusing, i read where things look great that there is no way the storm can cut, then I come back later and everyone is jumping off the cliff, then I come back and everyone is talking how good things look again and now things look bad again, what in the -----is going on? :whistle:

People holding onto individual model runs.

It is called Model Mayhem and nobody should wax their ski's nor write it off 4 days out. We have seen how the models have struggled with systems this winter and I expect that to continue so everyone just calm down and let's see where they go by Saturday. 

I'll be surprised if the track doesn't stay south I-20 and I-95 special when all is said and done.

you would think that the cold air would keep the low pressure suppresed

This has been my thinking all along. Models always underestimates the strength of the Cold and everyone on this board knows that. Chances are the cold is stronger and thit keep the LP down into GA and up through mid SC. I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see it play out like this.

This has been my thinking all along. Models always underestimates the strength of the Cold and everyone on this board knows that. Chances are the cold is stronger and thit keep the LP down into GA and up through mid SC. I may be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see it play out like this.

Could be, but this isn't a fresh HP coming in and building the CAD.  It's retreating and in-situ CAD can be real squirrelly to predict how fast it can be scoured out.  If the system keeps slowing down, it will be April before it gets here so it won't matter anyway. 

the models are flip flopping so they will flip back in our favor for a trend south tomorrow.

To an extent I do agree with this, what do we always say about being in the proverbial "jackpot zone" this far out? If we were seeing models paint us all up with 2 foot plus totals would we believe it? Maybe, but I'd hope not! I firmly believe there is an equal chance of a trend in either direction, what I'd like to see is some data showing weather a NW or SE trend is favored as a potential bias in modeling at this range... could be good information

Turn out the lights, the party's over. This one is toast for winter precip except the mountains and maybe some brief front end stuff. Bring on the torch and then severe weather. I'm out.

No torch please, but I am looking forward to some gusty squalls, vivid lightning, and deep rumbling thunder this spring  :wub:  The 18z gfs says cae starts off as zr briefly with a temp of 30 before it climbs to a toasty 54 with .5 falling from the sky  :) 

I like where we are at this far out with a 50/50 win of wintry weather or flooding. I'm glad it's not showing the Piedmont Triad or Foothills with 10"+ because then we would have to suffer for another 4days of people jumping every time it trended north. Four more days of tracking and I'm glad we are not in the bulls-eye right about now!

12705612_1023297034409419_82747083651965

I like where we are at this far out with a 50/50 win of wintry weather or flooding. I'm glad it's not showing the Piedmont Triad or Foothills with 10"+ because then we would have to suffer for another 4days of people jumping every time it trended north. Four more days of tracking and I'm glad we are not in the bulls-eye right about now!

12705612_1023297034409419_82747083651965

How old is this map? I bet this probability map was out before the 18z runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived