Toothache
Feb 15-16 Possible Mixed Event.

lilj4425

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bsud what's your thoughts for the upstate with this run

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Don't know where in the upstate you are but it looks to stay frozen until around hour 102 by which time Spartanburg is still below freezing and 1.5"+ of QPF has already fallen; looks like pretty nasty ice storm with perhaps a couple inches of snow on front end and eventual change to rain.

Don't know where in the upstate you are but it looks to stay frozen until around hour 102 by which time Spartanburg is still below freezing and 1.5"+ of QPF has already fallen; looks like pretty nasty ice storm with perhaps a couple inches of snow on front end and eventual change to rain.

Yikes I'm in greer any of that snow or all zr

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yea you beat me to it. Exactly my thoughts as well. Not a pretty storm for Upstate. It could turn ugly in a hurry. Just hope we get a little further south track to keep us more in the snow.

Yea you beat me to it. Exactly my thoughts as well. Not a pretty storm for Upstate. It could turn ugly in a hurry. Just hope we get a little further south track to keep us more in the snow.

I hope being closer to travelers rest than Greenville airport (Furman) will help me. I know it did make a huge difference with the last storm. On that Friday I drove maybe 1.5 miles into TR by the bojangles and it was much much worse than at my apartment and downtown was still above freezing.

How much back end snow did you get that day? Ended up with 4.5" actually so I'm pretty happy with this winter so far.

I hope being closer to travelers rest than Greenville airport (Furman) will help me. I know it did make a huge difference with the last storm. On that Friday I drove maybe 1.5 miles into TR by the bojangles and it was much much worse than at my apartment and downtown was still above freezing.

How much back end snow did you get that day? Ended up with 4.5" actually so I'm pretty happy with this winter so far.

Over here in Pickens I had about 4" total 1" sleet then about 3" snow on the backend

This may be a scenario where it floods with freezing rain...too heavy....good accumulations on trees/power lines but too much runoff near the surface into rivers.

I'm leaning against a snowy solution for the mountains/foothills....there will be some but I'm not sure what RaysWeather is thinking with the Big Snow meter. I consider big at least double digits for a place like Boone. CMC is well out to lunch with its snow totals verbatim.

Of course, like I said after the 18z GFS, there is still days of model watching so the precip type will continue to be fine tuned.

Good grief if that CMC verified we would be in trouble. .5"ZR 1-2" sleet and 3-5" snow for Upstate! Yea that's a weenie run alright!

Thankfully it won't be and I can guarantee it because if it was ever right with those type of maps for previous storms over the years we would either be dead or moved away by now.

Thankfully it won't be and I can guarantee it because if it was ever right with those type of maps for previous storms over the years we would either be dead or moved away by now.

Somewhere there would be severe FZRA, likely it would be further southwest than the GGEM shows if that scenario unfolded as is because the wedge inevitably is always stronger than modeled.

Somewhere there would be severe FZRA, likely it would be further southwest than the GGEM shows if that scenario unfolded as is because the wedge inevitably is always stronger than modeled.

Yea and I'm afraid if tonight's runs verified the upstate would be right in the heart of it, with a crippling Ice storm with maybe a couple inches of snow on the front end but the ZR would be insane!

Archived