• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

Not really....NNE has had it worse than us. Powderfreak hasn't even had a 5" event yet.

I know that, and figured that you would mention it....but I thought in light of that map that it was funny considering that it has blown here.

JC, you're right....we've had whiff-cut oscillations.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, while it's always easy to be skeptical of the two wave idea, they do happen on occasion. The Mar 1-2, 2009 storm was really a 2 part system in similar structure.

So it's something worth watching if in fact we continue to see a leading vortmax.

I knew if anyone remembered it would be you, But we are good for a few it seems yr after yr, But i wonder if there has been winters we have not had any?

There is no winter I am aware of that didn't have any. Maybe somewhere in Ginxy's dead sea scrolls and Pawcatuck River sediments there is a record of one.

At any rate, this is veering off topic again. Lets stick to model discussion....we have banter threads.

FWIW, while it's always easy to be skeptical of the two wave idea, they do happen on occasion. The Mar 1-2, 2009 storm was really a 2 part system in similar structure.

So it's something worth watching if in fact we continue to see a leading vortmax.

And if it ends up consolidating into the main one, we see the ukmet solution which is showing with vigor on the GEFS.

Do you want to provide a composite illustration of how this season has gone, photoshop a juxtaposition of that snowfall map, and the Blizzard map onto one image, with a strip of toaster GIFs in between, right down the spin of SNE.

Nah the toasters are up here too. I think of it like if we steal a snowfall or two it'll even us up for that little period of winter in CT/RI/MA, haha. Blizz had 2-3 good snows in there.

yeah, 1996 leaps to mind with the 4-8" followed 18 hours later by the famed Jim Cantore thundersnow in Worcester -

Polish that turd if you wish.

Thanks for your permission, didn't know I needed it?

Anyway, I'm not calling it good. But it appears from looking at the movement of the individual low pressure centers on Tropical Tidbits that some of those "cutters" are really a diving low from the north rather than a miller A monster from the south. A good number are the latter.

Archived