gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was always a chance this could be a cutter. And that was always a caveat. It's looks to be trending to that idea.

Will said a day or two ago, that the synoptic set up could easily change with a storm 7 days out. And that's what's happening now on the modeling. It was talked about a lot, we've were warned not to get to attached to any one solution (good or bad). Bring on the warm rains!!

I would not be getting to worried on five day progs, I laugh because when it' looks favorable everyone says not to take and run with it but when it looks bad everyone wants to go off the end of the Tobin

I know I was joking. It's the 6z gfs.

That said, I think I've pretty steadily been reminding about the plethora of cutters that have been showing up on the ensembles since this first came onto the radar.

Dude..look at the massive move on both ensembles. This won't shock me if it ends up starting as rain for a lot of us that post here

And there was/is a chance that could happen, But I'm giving this another couple days before passing judgement on it, Nothing says it can't go the other way as well

And there was/is a chance that could happen, But I'm giving this another couple days before passing judgement on it, Nothing says it can't go the other way as well

What do you see "synoptically" that offers that opportunity?

What i see is no banana high

no cold air in place(or marginal at best)

no blocking

+AO

All that says probably a OV cut..or a HV cut

I know I was joking. It's the 6z gfs.

That said, I think I've pretty steadily been reminding about the plethora of cutters that have been showing up on the ensembles since this first came onto the radar.

Your joking was well surrounded by a bunch of gloom post and seem to fit right in....... Lol

no blocking

+AO

You see that all modeled.

But yeah, not good trends and not a good time for them. It looks like the 6z GEFS are the only ensembles that really cut the chord. Maybe let that happen on the others?

I prefer the tropical threat thread I'm determined to be in a good one this year lol The spread is still pretty significant so I don't know why anyone is saying its over plus it 5 days out we still don't know what Monday will bring

Local Mets already talking snow to rain. Don't care anymore. It's over. Never got started. We're done. Bring on the lawn thread.

no blocking

+AO

I'm not sold on the high just getting vaporized and moves out as fast as what's being modeled just yet, We all know how the models sometimes handle these

You yesterday. All snow said he thought it would end up cutting..you posted "I don't"

Right. I didn't think it would go into Cleveland. But there wasn't a reason why it couldn't go into SNE and still be a wet system. It's early still. I think it's curtains for me, but interior is still in the game for some sort of snow or mix. We'll see what 12z does.

I really just don't know what the hell happened. Certainly this was not something mets thought could happen

i'm guessing you haven't been reading very well....remember when I said yesterday don't be surprised if synoptics change? That's what happens when you start following a threat at day 8-9....synoptics can change...it's not like following a threat starting at 4-5 days out when synoptics don't change as drastically...usually it's the details.

That said, this is still a long ways out.

i'm guessing you haven't been reading very well....remember when I said yesterday don't be surprised if synoptics change? That's what happens when you start following a threat at day 8-9....synoptics can change...it's not like following a threat starting at 4-5 days out when synoptics don't change as drastically...usually it's the details.

That said, this is still a long ways out.

I cant believe i had to try to play your roll..........lol

This is why we have a model thread at least. To keep the emotionally attached from 174 hours out in one place.

Kevin, repeat after me before sleep every night and you'll have a more peaceful experience:

"Synoptics can change 7 days out"

"Synoptics can change 7 days out"

"Synoptics can change 7 day out"

lol how often do rainers at this time frame trend to snowstorms? maybe 10% of the time at best :cry: ? Maybe ORH has some statistics :rolleyes:

And unless you actually looked at the models it's not rain for everyone, Some are going to have frozen precip issues with this one, Models have had this look almost every run, But it's not rain to Canada like some may lead you to believe

I didn't mean to call anyone out or say no-one thought warmer solutions..but let's be fair here..the tenor and gist of 98% of the posts from mets and weenies the last few days was that this was likely to be a wintry system even for SNE.

I understand synoptics can change. They always do. But this really happened quickly. This wasn't a gradual thing where it went from looking like snow to an icy mix trending as rain or something like that.

This went from snow/ice/winter storm almost likely to predominately rain in basically 1 fell swoop.

Shame on me I guess for not thinking the UKMET solution had any merit

That's what happens at >5 days out, 4 days really. Models can jump 500 miles from run to run. So we are calling it verified? Let it play out, and melt when it is inside 3 days.

I didn't mean to call anyone out or say no-one thought warmer solutions..but let's be fair here..the tenor and gist of 98% of the posts from mets and weenies the last few days was that this was likely to be a wintry system even for SNE.

I understand synoptics can change. They always do. But this really happened quickly. This wasn't a gradual thing where it went from looking like snow to an icy mix trending as rain or something like that.

This went from snow/ice/winter storm almost likely to predominately rain in basically 1 fell swoop.

Shame on me I guess for not thinking the UKMET solution had any merit

I think you need to hold tight. What if the euro ensemble is right? That's a lot of wintry precip for the interior. Hold off on saying all rain to Stowe.

Archived