• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
#PD3Attempt#13since2003 -Tracking the threat of the Presidents day storm Feb 15-16 2016

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See you at 11:30 when everyone will be bailing. This is such a sh*t storm.

18z gefs definitely better than 12z. Good number of members with ok snow east of DC. That's my gauge. I don't like seeing large #s of fall line and west stuff. Indicative of razor thin margins. 18z gefs will keep me encouraged until 11:30.

18z gefs definitely better than 12z. Good number of members with ok snow east of DC. That's my gauge. I don't like seeing large #s of fall line and west stuff. Indicative of razor thin margins. 18z gefs will keep me encouraged until 11:30.

Funny the different perspectives that we look at ensembles from.

The mean did improve region wide.

FWIW 18z DGEX is also "good". Would be a general 4-8" for all except SE Maryland. Although it's against the west trend so right now I can't say that solution is likely. Also #pointlessobservation , 18z JMA at 84hrs has the High slightly west and slightly stronger than 12z JMA, which was an inland runner.

While I am pretty much sold on this being a cutter/rain storm. The one thing that could be a saving grace is the clipper that preludes the storm. HM mentioned it could help stop this from cutting. On future model runs root for this piece of energy to trend MUCH STRONGER. Basically it would act as its own reinforcing cold shot, and shift the bar. zone east. Still need good timing & everything as well though...

tfwEKVE.gif

Archived