• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
#PD3Attempt#13since2003 -Tracking the threat of the Presidents day storm Feb 15-16 2016

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the makings of a civil war event.

I admit the predecessor cold has me more interested than I might be otherwise but GFS v Euro at this range mostly a no brainer esp if the GFS is moving toward the Euro. Just so happens we have to go through some crush runs while it gets there. :P

But the Euro could be too amped since it does that.. though usually a bit more at range IMO. 0z will be huge.

I admit the predecessor cold has me more interested than I might be otherwise but GFS v Euro at this range mostly a no brainer esp if the GFS is moving toward the Euro. Just so happens we have to go through some crush runs while it gets there. :P

But the Euro could be too amped since it does that.. though usually a bit more at range IMO. 0z will be huge.

This one is particularly tough and you and I don't live in a good spot. It would be painful to get 95% rain while a 30-45min drive gets nuked. That's what I'm mentally preparing myself for. It's glaringly on the table. A couple inches over a 3 hour period would be a soft blow vs a dusting (or shutout) to gully washer while others nearby get destroyed.

This one is particularly tough and you and I don't live in a good spot. It would be painful to get 95% rain while a 30-45min drive gets nuked. That's what I'm mentally preparing myself for. It's glaringly on the table. A couple inches over a 3 hour period would be a soft blow vs a dusting (or shutout) to gully washer while others nearby get destroyed.

Try missing 20 inches by 40 miles and only getting 5 and then we will talk.

How well did you do in Jan 2011?

How well did you do in Jan 2011?

I don't remember all that well. I had a 102+ fever and the real deal flu. I was in a strange place thinking god was punishing me. Lol

From what I remember the front running stuff sucked here and then got 10-12" of paste. Lost power and house dropped to the mid 40's and had 6 feet of blankets piled on top and was still shivering.

It's been a while since we've had a true long track longitude vs latitude storm. Feb 14 is in the ballpark of what guidance is showing but not as far west or as extreme. That storm was 1-2 punch with surface and upper level lows so not good comparison.

I don't have the rainman memories like many on here. When was the last extreme gradient NC-NNE storm?

It's been a while since we've had a true long track longitude vs latitude storm. Feb 14 is in the ballpark of what guidance is showing but not as far west or as extreme. That storm was 1-2 punch with surface and upper level lows so not good comparison.

I don't have the rainman memories like many on here. When was the last extreme gradient NC-NNE storm?

1966 lol?

GEFS mean has a great surface track, basically mouth of Bay to inside benchmark. But it's warmer etc. Dunno about members. But again we might be just moving through the sweetspot as it heads west. The height patterns to our north are basically opposite what we want during the storm and they all would favor west IMO.

Archived