joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12th/13th possible ENC/CNC Event

84 Hour NAM

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the northern NC folks it looks like we should see some precip develop soon. There are a lot of returns over in N. Tenn & Kentucky that's about the cross the mountains. Of course the mountains will eat into these returns but this energy should redevelop once past the mountains (in conjunction with the low development off the coast).

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

Some virga overhead MBY right now, according to WRAL's iControl.

For the northern NC folks it looks like we should see some precip develop soon. There are a lot of returns over in N. Tenn & Kentucky that's about the cross the mountains. Of course the mountains will eat into these returns but this energy should redevelop once past the mountains (in conjunction with the low development off the coast).

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/centgrtlakes_loop.php

Yeah, though the moisture that's made it over into Upstate didn't seem to skip a beat. You can already see it beginning to reform too!

dp is 8 here. radar will look great in an hr or so but wont hit the ground.  

Weatherbug radar has now completely filled in over the area.  Another Raleigh snowstorm at 3000ft!  Clouds are looking more diffuse, so we should see something at ground level in the next couple of hours, I would think.  Not expecting much, but it would be nice to see 2-3 hours of light snow.

Weatherbug radar has now completely filled in over the area.  Another Raleigh snowstorm at 3000ft!  Clouds are looking more diffuse, so we should see something at ground level in the next couple of hours, I would think.  Not expecting much, but it would be nice to see 2-3 hours of light snow.

Just checked mine, same. Unreal man lol. :axe:

Some virga overhead MBY right now, according to WRAL's iControl.

Yeah, though the moisture that's made it over into Upstate didn't seem to skip a beat. You can already see it beginning to reform too!

Im up here at pti unfortunatly cause the band coming up off sc/nc state line has the goods and  should really benefit southern part of piedmont then central coastal plain.

Well, once again northern greenville and spartanburg county jackpot... How do ya'll guys do this every single time?

I guess I should be happy with 10 minutes of flurries I saw.

I don't think there is another location I would rather be in the upstate right now.  Def in the jackpot area on radar.  Under some orange echos right now.  Roads are starting to accumulate now.

I don't think there is another location I would rather be in the upstate right now.  Def in the jackpot area on radar.  Under some orange echos right now.  Roads are starting to accumulate now.

I hope to experience that feeling once before I die, been waiting 30 years and no luck yet. Congrats on the surprise snow today.

That batch in the upstate looks like it's heading up 85 toward CLT. Bring it on! That could be a little nice surprise...

Snowing good in Shelby per a coworker, those good radar returns are knocking on the door of western Mecklenburg. Too bad I'm in RDU for another hour before I hit the road home.

Archived