joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Cold Valentine Feb 14 2016 Lobe

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 46 there on Dec 24th. I meant for a whole season.

Oh okay...got ya. They're up over 6kft so think of them as H85 (More liike 825mb). The valleys actually can see larger ranges....like BML, HIE, and SLK in NY. They can radiate down to temps like MWN except they warm much higher in torch setups.

Yeah...anyone in ORH seeing IC?

We've seemed to max out on the cold up here. It go down to -15F a couple hours ago...-13.8F now.

I'm about 8 mi ese of ORH and at times I'd say yes but its not quite like the vids of it I've seen .. crystals are really small and tough to make out so I might just be tired having stayed up all night :lol: 

The airmass has become very uniform across most of the region. You have -9 at BOS, -15 at ORH, and barely into the -20s way up in N NH by First Lake. We can pull -20s or even -30F here so the -15F isn't a big deal like it is at ORH. I think our coldest last winter was -16F...that was with an occasional pesky wind as well so it wasn't prime radiational cooling.

Ironically northern Maine is warmer than BOS since they missed the core of this airmass as it went into NY and WNE.

Archived