joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 7:15 am, it's 32F and we have 2.5" of new snow on the ground/colder surfaces and maybe an inch or so on paved surfaces. That's about 0.75" per hour for the past 2 hours.  Snow was falling heavily at 7 pm, but has lightened up some (can definitely see it on the radar).  It is really gorgeous out there.  Great snowball snow too.  

As of 8:30 am it's down to 31F and we have 3.25" of new snow (we still had a few inches on most of my fairly shady property).  Just had a band that ripped heavy snow for awhile, but it has lightened up.  If that last band to my SW makes it up here, we could make it to 4", but not sure if it will, since the last one fell apart somewhat.  Still, a nice little snowstorm and quite a surprise given where we all were on Wednesday night (maybe a coating was the forecast for most).  

Yeah, just checked and I have 2" of mashed potatoes and it's coming down hard. Pretty good considering it wasn't all snow until about 2 hours ago.

..Thats about right here in eastport...32.0*..hearing some sleet on the N facing windows.

I Agree, look at a hi res radar to see what's actually falling... I've been under echoes since last night, haven't see a Flake, the majority of that "snow" to the west is not hitting the ground

Your area was always supposed to dry out at this time. NYC east has 1-2 more moderate to heavy bursts streaking in from the south.

Now 5.2" of new snow in Port Jefferson as of 8:35 AM.  Went over to snow at 3:45 AM and came down hard, especially since 7 AM.  All the models did zero in on this part of Suffolk as something of an epicenter...

Archived