joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7 Winter Storm

Brick Tamland

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 00z NAVGEM won't back down! Another crushjob for central NC/SC! Four runs in a row! Hahaha! :pimp::weenie::snowing:

swzqfs.gif

That's just one glory panel. After destroying us in NC/SC, it goes on to crush the I-95 corridor all the way to Boston again.

You gotta give it some credit for being the most consistent model by far for this storm. It'd be hilarious if it pulled a coup, but sadly, I doubt that will happen.

euro is identical to the 12z, big ol' monster 983 south east of ILM at hour 96

maybe slightly east of the 12z run? Hard to tell

The consistency leads me to believe after other guidance, that this thing is going to be wasted for most.  Maybe the coast can get something.  Just too far off the coast to get many in play.

Edit.  Part of coastal SC (county or two inland too) might do okay per snowfall maps.

GEFS wasn't very impressive for the Columbia area with precip... almost all members extremely light or nothing. Within 90 hours or so, you'd expect to see the GEFS members juicier if a threat was credible for us.

The GGEM is too far east, as well, aside from maybe the immediate coastal regions (congrats, Wilmington?... though temperatures are marginal).  Maybe the NAVGEM will save us.

We want them too far east in this time frame, this isn't the MA or NE where storms can be modeled to hit for 5 days in a row and actually hit we need them wide right until 36 hrs out......

Nam and GFS is DOA and out to sea. GFS has a little qpf over extreme eastern sections.

If the upper level energy could come in better well defined and neg tilt by the time it gets near the coast. With the tight baroclinc zone along the coast. This could truly be a bomb waiting to explode.

By 12z tomorrow, all you silly sallies will be happy again. The French know a thing or two about models. Viva la France! 'Sall I'm sayin.

I agree, but I'm not confident in it being anything big around Raleigh and points west. This could all change, but the only model I've seen support this idea is the NAVGEM, which isn't the best of models.

Speaking of which, how does the 06z NAVGEM look? If it holds firm through 12z today, and the other models continue to flounder around (or, even better, trend NW), then I'll start to suspect it may be on to something.

Just stop lol. The NAVGEM isn't leading anything, listen to yourselves. This one's D.O.A. :lol:

Most models still show some snowfall for E NC and the coast of SC. Just because it doesn't concern your backyard, doesn't mean people in the SE shouldn't track its progression. Whats with the cynical attitude all of the sudden man? If this thing trends back 100 miles NW then half the board will be in play. I think it is worthy of discussion even if your crystal ball says it is "DOA".

Most models still show some snowfall for E NC and the coast of SC. Just because it doesn't concern your backyard, doesn't mean people in the SE shouldn't track its progression. Whats with the cynical attitude all of the sudden man? If this thing trends back 100 miles NW then half the board will be in play. I think it is worthy of discussion even if your crystal ball says it is "DOA".

Its right where I want it in this time frame actually.....a little late neg tilt 100 miles SE of hatteras and I get smoked.....plenty of room for that 36 hr and under NW drift.

I'm not being cynical, just being realistic. The trends have NOT been in our favor and we're only 3 days out at this point.

post-3087-0-75803800-1454594157_thumb.pn

post-3087-0-03453700-1454594166_thumb.pn

post-3087-0-18024800-1454594187_thumb.pn

post-3087-0-09324300-1454594196_thumb.pn

I'm not being cynical, just being realistic. The trends have NOT been in our favor and we're only 3 days out at this point.

But it is close. As stated above we do need the trends NW to show up today (maybe 0z tonight for RDU). I agree it doesn't look great but we can still track this maybe see a favorable shift. Not much else to do...     

But it is close. As stated above we do need the trends NW to show up today (maybe 0z tonight for RDU). I agree it doesn't look great but we can still track this maybe see a favorable shift. No much else to do...     

Yeah , we are going to be in here anyway might as well have some fun. I mean that is why we all do this right???

Jonathan, you think it has a chance to go east by 100 miles?  West by 100 miles?  Or do the models have it right on target at 4 days out?

I just think the system gets its act together too late. Yesterday at 12z, we were looking at snow possible all the way back towards C NC (RDU) and since then it has consistently TRENDED east with a late bomb. Isn't that what we look for on models? Trends? From what I'm seeing, taking the trends AND looking at it face value gives no one snow, except maybe extreme SE NC and the MYB area.

Archived