Total Members
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
Damage In Tolland

The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

7-10:1

Right, which would be less than a straight 10:1 snow map. But I still think they are low in Tolland County.

We shall see.

Ahh...I'm starting to hear the "I didn't even know it was going to snow" chatter as people are leaving. Along with the "it was 54 degrees yesterday!"

Lots of that in my Boston office this afternoon. People had windows cracked open today.

I want to see trees down on 84 as I commute in the am.

RAP has it pounding snow while the 32 surface line never gets even close.

I want to see trees down on 84 as I commute in the am.

Lol...that ain't happening. Like scooter said, the snow should dry out slightly as this gets cranking, which will slow down the stickyness of it. I don't foresee any tree problems in the area of your commute. You will drive right through my town on 84 on your way to Manchester.

4-8 for on air mets is the consensus.

Positive bust is definitely more likely with that forecast I think vs a negative bust.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why the conservative approach.

It seems as if the overwhelmingly majority of forecasters are downplaying the ratio. Concerned about the rain too. Which I don't get. Places like BOS in these solutions are going to get smoked.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I'm not sure why the conservative approach.

Ideally they'd be bullish because this will be a very impactful event and people need to know that their commute is going to be hell. Hard to save face while doing that, though.

Lol...that ain't happening. Like scooter said, the snow should dry out slightly as this gets cranking, which will slow down the stickyness of it. I don't foresee any tree problems in the area of your commute. You will drive right through my town on 84 on your way to Manchester.

If it bangs, I may need a pit stop at d'angelos or DD.

I wonder if this conservativeness is a function of predicting pretty much nothing yesterday and even early today for some mets. 4-8" sounds moderate, but if they said 6-12" right now it seems like more of a bust. 4-8" to 6-12" (will be the forecast later) seems like a progression of small jumps. 

The TV mets know that many in this area have nearly zero chance of getting 4 inches out of this

I wonder if this conservativeness is a function of predicting pretty much nothing yesterday and even early today for some mets. 4-8" sounds moderate, but if they said 6-12" right now it seems like more of a bust. 4-8" to 6-12" (will be the forecast later) seems like a progression of small jumps.

The TV mets know that many in this area have nearly zero chance of getting 4 inches out of this

I thought the same.

Plus, most donKs don't know the difference between 4" or 8" anyway. They see snow, it's coming down good, and the roads are a mess. They're not out there sticking a ruler in the ground.