• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

Im impressed...an argument with legitmate points on both sides, no childish name calling, and agreement to disagree. Weekend rule?

And folks like me who don't know what to think...PB seems to be saying this is not your typical IVT ( which when I hear IVT,  I worry about it as much as chance of T storms in summer ) but another completely nonscientific factor is it seems at least for some parts, it is finding a way to snow this winter when it looked like a ratter, to quote Forky...and I think if you read between the lines even NWS is hinting at that. As for what some are pointing out here, I have seen March snows go to 5 inches on grass and almost nothing on pavement, I've also seen it snow lightly in cold temps for hours on end without much to show it. So right now I am just watching with the rest of you. Appreciate the analysis from all.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looked like a step back from 00z for getting something more than an INVT. Looked like it wound up the off shore storm some more which doesn't let it get out of the way so heights can recover. So everything misses, blah.

The trough is still way down in the midatlantic. Way different than the other models.  I remember when the Euro was really superior and use to grab storms 5 days in adavance.

The trough is still way down in the midatlantic. Way different than the other models.  I remember when the Euro was really superior and use to grab storms 5 days in adavance.

I guess I'd chalk that up as another possible outcome. That run just sucked. It found the least impressive way to handle this whole scenario.

Can't remember a single Norlun which didn't trend north. I am glad it is shown to our south.

Last winter or the winter before a norlun event seemed a lock for NYC, every model showed it over the area til the morning of. Then the RGEM and Euro both came in and showed it over CNJ and that's where it ended up

Last winter or the winter before a norlun event seemed a lock for NYC, every model showed it over the area til the morning of. Then the RGEM and Euro both came in and showed it over CNJ and that's where it ended up

It was last winter...and I'd really love to forget everything about it.

The CRAS is showing little to nothing still for the Miller B as the SE Coast low steals the show. Been showing this for days upon days now. I know this model isn't that good (tho it nailed the Boxing Day Storm) but since by 48 hrs it shows Eastern PA to NYC getting hammered, what is this model's "preferred range" or "wheelhouse"? At some point it has to come around and scoot the SE Coast low OTS as opposed to coming up the coast.......doesn't it?

Every model has been trash this winter until close to the event

NAM has outperformed GFS and Euro at-least slightly on several occasions from 48 hours and within. 

Then again GFS 'did' show yesterday's situation 8 or 9 days ago....but then backed off significantly for several days after...and then came back, what like within 24 hours.   So it did have a sense.  Unknown if same with Euro...haven't been watchin it too much.

Archived