• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

I'm sorry I did not post on this earlier.

First do not look for the global models to catch the 1st wave here .

Wave 1 may not escape , here's why . The mesoscale models are closing the N branch off almost 12 hours earlier than any of the globals.

So the NAM RGEM and the SREFS at 500 show the earlier NEG tilt earlier out of the N branch

This N energy which ultimately become your IVT influences the backside of the 1st wave and it will in essence tug the low closer to the coast.

The globals will be the last too it because they may not be seeing the N branch correctly

You have a large deep Miller A heading off the GA coast to E of the BM is a pos enso year.

This SW should follow the warm SST and track closer to the coast.

As the system gets to our latitude it produces a large deformation band.

Look at the NAM VV you can see it expand W over LI into NYC and down the NJ shore.

The models will continue to correct W and if this analysis is correct the NAM.and RGEM will lead the way.

This analysis actually is similar to a captain was saying in their discussion this analysis actually is similar to what Upton with saying in there discussion and makes quite a bit of sense. Let's see what zero Z says

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude. LI has never been out of the game.

Us folks are eyeing the upper level lows and possible norlun event.

Keep it real please.

I know. They will just get more. I don't think the city is out of the game. I think 5" in the city over a 48 HR period is very doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the past several storms, they would show up long range, be a big storm few days of the event,then they would go east only to then suddenly start trending west up to event..

At least that seems to be the tend this year if I'm not mistaken.

With short term models coming out on top,compared to usual...

One says west, one says not amped, the other says south, which is it?

Definitely not as amped (at 24 hours at least). At this point in the run it is south, west, AND not as amped lol. The precip shield looks nothing like the last several runs. However, that's not all that matters. Would be awesome to get hit by this storm, but I doubt that is happening this time. What happens after this, though, could be pretty exciting

Archived