Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/9-2/10 Inverted Trough/Mini-Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's certainly close enough to be interesting. I mean, it wouldn't take much of a shift to get something appreciable out here for tomorrow. It wouldn't be too far fetched to have the heights underestimated out in front of this, which could bump it a bit closer. Going to have to keep an eye on this today. Not sure how well this model has been doing, but check out the 06z Frenchie. This is through Mon afternoon.

attachicon.gif6zFrench.gif

NAM . THERE YOU GUY MY MAN 

I'm sorry I did not post on this earlier.

First do not look for the global models to catch the 1st wave here .

Wave 1 may not escape , here's why . The mesoscale models are closing the N branch off almost 12 hours earlier than any of the globals.

So the NAM RGEM and the SREFS at 500 show the earlier NEG tilt earlier out of the N branch

This N energy which ultimately become your IVT influences the backside of the 1st wave and it will in essence tug the low closer to the coast.

The globals will be the last too it because they may not be seeing the N branch correctly

You have a large deep Miller A heading off the GA coast to E of the BM is a pos enso year.

This SW should follow the warm SST and track closer to the coast.

As the system gets to our latitude it produces a large deformation band.

Look at the NAM VV you can see it expand W over LI into NYC and down the NJ shore.

The models will continue to correct W and if this analysis is correct the NAM.and RGEM will lead the way.

The NAM and it`s high res looks good here . 

This could be Long Islands  3rd Warning event inside 2 weeks . 

okx has got to be pondering WSW's at this point.  No need to wait longer than needed. 

as Bx mentioned, current obs confirm the low's current position. 

Taking all guidance into consideration, the minimum should be a strongly worded advisory for locations east of NYC.  Warnings for Suffolk should be seriously considered as well.

my inner gut tells me this comes closer another 30+ miles n/west..the trend inside 48 hours has been west,west,west!..lol..

maybe more. NAM doesn't even have precip projected in this area (box) through 4pm today.  Yet on radar, it's already nosing in.  Would be hard to completely sideswipe it now.

oIRZQD.jpg

And just to show how clueless GFS is. It's last run doesn't even have precip anywhere CLOSE to what's currently going on.

nowcasting is everything now.. 

Archived