• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22/23 2016 images archive thread

Midlo Snow Maker

Just a reminder. Although this site doesn't have every reporting station, it has the main ones. Just change the station name on the url at the end of the address. AND, you can go back 6 days and get every GFS forecast. It's pretty cool to see how rock solid the GFS was. This is BWI.

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=KBWI

Awesome loop Ian. This thread is great. Can you animate an h5 re-analysis?

Here are inititalizations of the GFS.. should be as good (think that's what most reanalysis is these days anyway). Grabbed so much model stuff in leadup. Still going thru tidbits etc pulling things. :P

Xm9jWsL.gif

Here are inititalizations of the GFS.. should be as good (think that's what most reanalysis is these days anyway). Grabbed so much model stuff in leadup. Still going thru tidbits etc pulling things. :P

Xm9jWsL.gif

Very 96-like 500mb look. Seems the big ones are epic at the upper levels

We have so much more data access now than even 09-10. I have a folder with 483 images in it so far. :P Saved every Euro run at 500mb, sfc plus precip/snow for past week.. precip/snow for GFS.

I've been in a number of big storms now but I think this one is near the top. Walking around today I think I must have undermeasured... worse than Snowmageddon by a bit at least.

That h5 loop is a 10 second clinic of exactly what to look for if you like big snowstorms. I love the trajectory overhead and off the coast. So sweet for our latitude

The broadness of that upper low and the fact that it went under us seems like it allowed us to tap into the gulf and Atlantic and stay on the cold side throughout which is not easy to do here. This was a hecs thru and thru. Looking at the energy as it entered the west coast it didn't look all the special but it had all the right ingredients feeding it I guess.