• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

There are actually a few Euro EPS members that have close to no precipitation in New York. Ultimately I think both the ARW and NMMB runs of the SREF are hyper over and under aggressive, and don't seem well tuned to be used together in an ensemble. That's why I'm not a fan of SREF guidance in general, and the latest simulation exemplifies these problems.

Thank you for the explanation.

Thanks Phil for taking the time to explain this stuff, good discussion w you and Don.

Way to steal my thanks.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually a few Euro EPS members that have close to no precipitation in New York. Ultimately I think both the ARW and NMMB runs of the SREF are hyper over and under aggressive, and don't seem well tuned to be used together in an ensemble. That's why I'm not a fan of SREF guidance in general, and the latest simulation exemplifies these problems.

Some change must have occurred to the SREFs around 2012 or so because I recall during the 09-10 and 10-11 winters they seemed unstoppable

Well all I can say is if the short range models verify enjoy your electric tonight and tomorrow cause once sanitation starts dropping salt in the city this guy is going to be busy restoring your power for the next few days already told by con Ed I am working this weekend

Thank you

The SNE forum showed frames from the RGEM, and to me it didn't look better. If anything, maybe a bit south. Maybe I'm missing something, but what I saw looked nothing like the NAM. Snow struggles to make it north of NYC.

It's north of the 18z run and at hour 48, there is a push north and good precip into NWNJ.

Archived