SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forget that we (wx-board members) are most definitely not normal people.

As per your handle, lol.  I post a lot of weather info on another board and I have people basically calling me a baby-killer (well, at least an uncaring, hateful person rooting for death and destruction) for rooting for snow.  Some don't even understand that rooting for something has no impact on its outcome and even those who do still don't think anyone should root for bad weather, ever.  The other thing I pointed out is that crime goes way down, as well as accident rates (even if some accidents do get caused by winter conditions), since so few are out and about.  It's a little annoying, but I'm kind of used to it...

Ok, somethings got to be up. The NW trend is real, yeah the SREF memebers are lost a lot of the time, but as we get closer they get better and are trending favorably.

If my memory serves me correct they were actually one of the first models and in subsequent runs to start walking back and bailing on Juno last year.

I understand the optimism, since we got a couple of things to go our way after entirely depression inducing 12 Z runs BUT I caution balance. the RPM is undependable as is the SREF to a good degree, though the 18 Z GFS was encouraging. So lets all enjoy the evening and wait for GFS and hope it isnt GOOFUS  :)

Pardon me, but what are the SREFS? How are they different? I thought they were usually useless from what I have seen here.....

Short Range Ensemble Forecasting.   usually they follow the ARW which overhype precip.  Kind of like what the NAM does.

Archived