joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone concerned with the city mixing with the low coming further north???

I'd say it's pretty unlikely. At some point in the next 6 hours or so, the low will stop moving north (along with the warm air), and start moving more ENE. At that point, the snow will start to pivot around and head east. That's why Boston is expected to receive much less than NYC in this storm. The low is cutting off from the main jet stream and will have to move east, because it is being forced by the systems behind it. 

I'd say it's pretty unlikely. At some point in the next 6 hours or so, the low will stop moving north (along with the warm air), and start moving more ENE. At that point, the snow will start to pivot around and head east. That's why Boston is expected to receive much less than NYC in this storm. The low is cutting off from the main jet stream and will have to move east, because it is being forced by the systems behind it.

makes sense thank you

I'd say it's pretty unlikely. At some point in 15hrs or so, the low will stop moving north (along with the warm air), and start moving more ENE. At that point, the snow will start to pivot around and head east. That's why Boston is expected to receive much less than NYC in this storm. The low is cutting off from the main jet stream and will have to move east, because it is being forced by the systems behind it. 

FYP ;)

Snow has started in Ossining, NY.  24.9 degrees.  Trace on the ground.  Winds just starting to blow and the beautiful muffled sounds are heard of the low ceiling.  May the NAM be with you all!  Enjoy and be safe and hope that all do not have any damage from the storm!  

Archived