joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over 2" LE over NNJ and NYC into most of LI between 7AM and 1PM.

Does that also include CNJ (I'm in northern Middlesex/Edison area)?  Slightly worried about the dry slot we're seeing down south of 195 right now, although if this thing is starting to move to the ENE (seems to be, by my untrained eye), then I'd hope the pivot will keep CNJ and even South Jersey in the snow from VA/MD as it slides ENE.  

Had 9.5" (avg of many measurements - not really that precise right now) as of 8:30, so I assume we're at 10" at least by now.  Would really love to get to at least 18".  

Does that also include CNJ (I'm in northern Middlesex/Edison area)? Slightly worried about the dry slot we're seeing down south of 195 right now, although if this thing is starting to move to the ENE (seems to be, by my untrained eye), then I'd hope the pivot will keep CNJ and even South Jersey in the snow from VA/MD as it slides ENE.

Had 9.5" (avg of many measurements - not really that precise right now) as of 8:30, so I assume we're at 10" at least by now. Would really love to get to at least 18".

Was concerned but the orientation of the banding and how its fetching off the ocean right now seems fine to me. It will fill as the axis goes from NNE To NE and eventually E. Should be fine.

inxr1KPHLa_h.gif

Does that also include CNJ (I'm in northern Middlesex/Edison area)?  Slightly worried about the dry slot we're seeing down south of 195 right now, although if this thing is starting to move to the ENE (seems to be, by my untrained eye), then I'd hope the pivot will keep CNJ and even South Jersey in the snow from VA/MD as it slides ENE.  

Had 9.5" (avg of many measurements - not really that precise right now) as of 8:30, so I assume we're at 10" at least by now.  Would really love to get to at least 18".  

Don't see the dryslot but we are slowing down over here in Colonia, you say we have about 10?

Also, this was an interesting comment from the NWS in Philly at 7:51 am about upping accumulations by 5-8" from 78 northward and that another 7-12" should fall from Philly to Belmar and another 12-20" near I-78 on top of whatever people had at 7 am.  That would bring people near 78 who had 6-7" at that point to 18-26" total.  I'm much closer to 78 than a Philly to Belmar line. 

751 AM CHECK: CONSIDERING INCREASING OUR STORM TOTAL GRAPHIC/SNOW

AMOUNTS BY 5 TO 8 INCHES I-78 NORTHWARD. WILL ACT ONE WAY OR

THE OTHER AROUND 915 AM. THIS PER THE NAM CRUSHING QPF AND

BANDING SIGNAL FOR THE ARC KRDG-KMMU MIDDAY THRU THIS EVENING.

800-600MB FGEN LOOKS VERY GOOD AS WELL AS SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE

DEEP RH FIELD WHICH IS USUALLY WHERE BEST LIFT OCCURS. JUST WANT

TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH OUR NEIGHBORS AND ALSO THE 12Z NAM.

FWIW...THINKING ANOTHER 7 TO 12 INCHES PHL TO KBLM TODAY AND

PROBABLY ANOTHER 12 TO 20 INCHES NEAR I-78. THAT IS FROM 12Z

THROUGH 03Z/24. (NEXT 15 HOURS)

Also, this was an interesting comment from the NWS in Philly at 7:51 am about upping accumulations by 5-8" from 78 northward and that another 7-12" should fall from Philly to Belmar and another 12-20" near I-78 on top of whatever people had at 7 am.  That would bring people near 78 who had 6-7" at that point to 18-26" total.  I'm much closer to 78 than a Philly to Belmar line. 

751 AM CHECK: CONSIDERING INCREASING OUR STORM TOTAL GRAPHIC/SNOW
AMOUNTS BY 5 TO 8 INCHES I-78 NORTHWARD. WILL ACT ONE WAY OR
THE OTHER AROUND 915 AM. THIS PER THE NAM CRUSHING QPF AND
BANDING SIGNAL FOR THE ARC KRDG-KMMU MIDDAY THRU THIS EVENING.
800-600MB FGEN LOOKS VERY GOOD AS WELL AS SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE
DEEP RH FIELD WHICH IS USUALLY WHERE BEST LIFT OCCURS. JUST WANT
TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH OUR NEIGHBORS AND ALSO THE 12Z NAM.

FWIW...THINKING ANOTHER 7 TO 12 INCHES PHL TO KBLM TODAY AND
PROBABLY ANOTHER 12 TO 20 INCHES NEAR I-78. THAT IS FROM 12Z
THROUGH 03Z/24. (NEXT 15 HOURS)

This is Mt Holly?

Archived