joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can any of the Mets comment on what their observations are in terms of how the ULL and the SLP have evolved/are evolving as compared to what was modeled? There was discussion within the past few days that revolved around a double-barrel low developing and the energy transferring eastward to low #2 eventually (on some models) and other discussions that indicated that on some models, the low stalled and the ULL closed off.

Any analysis on what is being seen vs. what was modeled?

Death band will rotate SW, then slowly move east. In the process it will bury most of NJ and NYC.

Fun times with a deformation band. Rates should rival BDB

6f4b298e47ffaaef58faa983d92addfa.gif

As SG said, these weaken as they translate East but yeah, fun times in store... The deformation band to close out the storm is such a wonderful crescendo.

That sick band thru NW NJ into Peekskill has been sitting there for a time, right near the cutoff...I guess she decided if I can't go further north I might as well dump my fuel on ya...lol...  It will not be as formidable when she pulls east.. Right now the storm is as close as she will get to us, so it should sit there a while before the moisture gradient pulls east...the moisture off the ocean coming towards us is deepening. There is at least another 6 hrs of accumulating snow coming. It's almost like she takes a breath and replenishes and sends it to us... I think she likes us. This what we live for.  It might snow until midnight here in SW Suffolk looking at the radars..speed of storm exiting ene... probably closing in on a foot...difficult to measure with the winds howling here. 

Over the last hour or so the banding has really increased over extreme NNJ. Places like Sussex, Warren, Morris and Passaic Counties. It also looks to be building Southeast as well. I really expected to see signs of this beginning to wind down by 3:00. 

We might just be about at peak intensity over the next 1-3 hours before everything begins shifting Southeast. 

Archived