Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

MN Transplant, on 19 Jan 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:snapback.png

06z GFS para looks ok.  1.5" qpf for DC through 12z Sat.  Surface low is basically stalled while the 500 catches up, but at 12z the bulk of the precip is in southern PA. 

edit - just refreshed.  Still end up around 2" QPF near DC, more to the north

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z GPS PARA

3b9814b53dd68e54bb87437b367ac02a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing we can't deny, the models have been remarkably consistent. Either there's going to be a total global flop on this (unlikely), or the signal is just so strong the globals couldn't miss it. 2-3 contour H5 cutoff has me convinced on the latter. Really just a matter of subtle timing differences on the orientation/phasing/etc.

i apologize on their behalf. 

Must be nice to be welcome in both spaces....

I've tried...guess ya'll dont like us northerners (and some of you dont want any snow north of the mason dixon line... :whistle: )

its ok....were all inviting here...your still most welcome to play along.

Nut

Through 90, would say about 0.5 has fallen in the LSV. 0.2-0.25 elsewhere.

93 0.25+ LSV back NW to UNV-AOO.

96 0.25+ coming up into NEPA, hitting a solid portion of true central.

99 Hexagonal-shaped 0.25+ area in the eastern 1/3rd of PA.

102/ All of E PA 0.25+, trying to push back toward IPT.

105 Similar, 0.5+ touching into SEPA.

108 Lifting out, 0.1+ still in eastern half. 0.25+ still SEPA/extreme NEPA.

111 Same, though with 0.25+ out.

precip output wise this run does not look to be doing as much as previous runs but the upper level setup says there should be more than what this run is showing imo... just seems to delay pulling moisture to western side which just doesn't make sense with the winds/closed 500mb positioning/etc to me

I agree. The insane snow amounts on these clown maps are downsizing which makes sense. MA is going to cry and scream that their 3FT doesn't verify. 12" plus looks like a good bet for us right now.

In all fairness some of the insane outputs of the last few days surely did look anomalous...

I'd guess 90% of this forum would take this verbatim and run for the bread n milk any day of the week.  That said from what I'm hearing based on this run, some still feel the NW side of this isnt showing as much as they feel is possible.  I'm personally pleased at this.

Nut

In all fairness some of the insane outputs of the last few days surely did look anomalous...

I'd guess 90% of this forum would take this verbatim and run for the bread n milk any day of the week.  That said from what I'm hearing based on this run, some still feel the NW side of this isnt showing as much as they feel is possible.  I'm personally pleased at this.

Nut

that's the understatement of the year. statistically, in the very very extreme end.

the latest runs are starting to get in line with more realistic possibilities. and while i'm sure some ski resorts in PA aren't totally liking the heaviest south of I-80, I'm not totally surprised by it, as is probably everyone else's feeling in here.

It is pretty common event for north areas to make up on sw flow events, clippers and lake stuff while the southern parts of state do better with the blockbusters.

Southeast of mountains, that is usually are only hope.

LES bring Flurries.

SWFE usually leave us on wrong side of boundary.

Clippers usually too far north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived