joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As somebody who thrives off watching other people panic, I respectfully disagree with you on the media not predicting the End Times.

AllWeather, go on the air and declare the world is ending. Tell the people that the snow is being delivered by the Four Horsemen (I mean the real Four Horsemen: Flair, Blanchard, Anderson and Anderson) and that the massive pile of snow will crush all the buildings and any survivors will get to watch the Antichrist rise from the snow pile and take over. You can say the Antichrist is whomever you want, I'll give you that liberty.

Do it right now.

What did Thackara do?

Nothing in particular, i just don't like him. My dislike goes back a 2010, when he made the comment that "there were no storms in sight" when in fact we had the 2 back to back. i understand not to hype, but come the fook on

As somebody who thrives off watching other people panic, I respectfully disagree with you on the media not predicting the End Times. AllWeather, go on the air and declare the world is ending. Tell the people that the snow is being delivered by the Four Horsemen (I mean the real Four Horsemen: Flair, Blanchard, Anderson and Anderson) and that the massive pile of snow will crush all the buildings and any survivors will get to watch the Antichrist rise from the snow pile and take over. You can say the Antichrist is whomever you want, I'll give you that liberty. Do it right now.

the more i look around, i'm about getting half nervous this thing goes south and east of us, but what do i know. 

Nothing in particular, i just don't like him. My dislike goes back a 2010, when he made the comment that "there were no storms in sight" when in fact we had the 2 back to back. i understand not to hype, but come the fook on

the more i look around, i'm about getting half nervous this thing goes south and east of us, but what do i know. 

The Euro definitely gives pause to that solution.  12z's will be telling as its getting close to the west coast, so hopefully the spread tightens up even further...and further north is in the game.  Glad to hear that Eskimo feels rt 6 gets warning criteria.  that'll keep some away from the ledge..

Nut

The Euro definitely gives pause to that solution.  12z's will be telling as its getting close to the west coast, so hopefully the spread tightens up even further...and further north is in the game.  Glad to hear that Eskimo feels rt 6 gets warning criteria.  that'll keep some away from the ledge..

Nut

Agree with you Nut...Right now it looks like I'm 6-10" tonight's runs are gonna be more telling.

Thanks for all the red taggers sharing their knowledge!

Joe good job!!!

Latest AFD:

THURSDAY FCST/DAY 3 WX LOOKS QUIET UNDER HIGH PRESSURE. ALL EYESWILL TURN TO LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPING INTO THE TN VALLEYAND SOUTHERN APPALACHIANS BY THURSDAY NIGHT.THE PRIMARY IMPACTS THIS PERIOD WILL BE FOR GROWING CONFIDENCE INA MAJOR EAST COAST WINTER STORM INCLUDING HEAVY SNOW POTENTIAL INCENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA. EXPECT THE MODEL SPREAD WITH THIS SYSTEM TOCONTINUE TO NARROW AS THE UPPER LEVEL FEATURE COMES ONSHORE OVERTHE PACIFIC NW TONIGHT. WHILE IT IS STILL TO EARLY TO GET INTO THESPECIFIC DETAILS...HERE ARE SOME EARLY GOAL POSTS: PTYPE: MODEL CONSENSUS AT THIS TIME FAVORS SNOW AS THE PRIMARYWINTER PTYPE NEAR AND NORTHWEST OF THE I-95 URBAN CORRIDORTIMING: GFS/CMC/WPC QPF WOULD SUGGEST A FRIDAY MORNING ONSETSPREADING FROM SOUTH TO NORTH BY THE AFTERNOON. THE ECMWF ISSLOWER.DURATION: SNOW COULD LAST THROUGH SATURDAY BEFORE ENDING SATURDAYNIGHT/EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.GREATEST RISK FOR HEAVY SNOW: SOUTH-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERNZONES OR ROUGHLY THE SOUTHEAST 1/2 TO 1/3 OF THE CWA. BLOWING ANDDRIFTING POSSIBLE. IMPROVING CONDITIONS LIKELY ARE ON SUNDAY WITH HIGH PRESSURERETURNING TO THE AREA. TEMPERATURES ARE FCST TO TREND WARMER TONEAR NORMAL LEVELS BY MONDAY.

Another reason to not worry too much about the Euro IMO is that it was last to get on board...so it might still be playing catch up....or scoring a coup.  At this time we normally see the southern correction, only to come back north some in the final 36hrs.  IMO tonight/tomorrow morning snapshot will likely be where this sets up.

Not expecting good trends today....but in the end, I think we all are still in a fantastic spot for this.  Sure hope so.

Nut

Latest AFD:

my only issue with that is... good luck getting to near normal temps for the areas that see a foot plus! :snowman:

I saw this link on the CoCoRaHS site today, though not new material, that could be an interesting read while waiting for next model suite to arrive http://ccc.atmos.colostate.edu/pdfs/snowbook.pdf ... not sure if science has changed any of the info in this since it was published

FYI the daily snowfall records for Jan 22 and 23 for Harrisburg are 11.2" (Jan 22 1987) and 9.5" (Jan 23 1982)... the overall daily record for the month is the 19.8" from Jan 7 1996

my only issue with that is... good luck getting to near normal temps for the areas that see a foot plus! :snowman:

I saw this link on the CoCoRaHS site today, though not new material, that could be an interesting read while waiting for next model suite to arrive http://ccc.atmos.colostate.edu/pdfs/snowbook.pdf ... not sure if science has changed any of the info in this since it was published

FYI the daily snowfall records for Jan 22 and 23 for Harrisburg are 11.2" (Jan 22 1987) and 9.5" (Jan 23 1982)... the overall daily record for the month is the 19.8" from Jan 7 1996

Nice read. Thanks for sharing.

I looked up the 24 hour record snowfall for PA and Seven Springs owns it with 40" during the March 93 blizzard

Read over in NY forum that the Para Euro ensemble was NW of the Op.....

also reading that NY mets see potential for NW adjustment (not in those exact words mind you...

Nerves calm.....we gonna b ok....I can feel it. (and if not....there's always next Friday's carbon copy to ponder  :lmao:

Nut

I've tried to post legit/semi legit stuff...

and it never hits the screen....a mess they are for sure.  I like my crew right here...the heck w/ them.  

BTW....extrapolated....we'd likely have just gotten NAM'd.  :snowing:

N.....E.....X....T !!!

Signed,

Cautiously starved snownut.

Archived