Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

i had a feeling. How far south is it?

cut off 500 mb low ends up over south carolina so all but far southeast pa get nothing kind of south

its probably going to cause an unnecessary overreaction at this stage... if its going to go south id rather it now and then correct north now that energy is coming on shore... if south trend continues the next 1-2 days then ouch...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically we have the GFS/CMC showing a MECS-HECS, and the UK/ECM showing a middle finger.

It's like asking where you should place your bets. On the 1927 Yankees or the 2015 Phillies?

Storms tend to trend north. Maybe this is a three day out south shift that'll come north. Most storms seem to shift north, we'll see.

But a lot of people's jobs just got really difficult.

at 500mb on 12z euro it appears as if the energy approaching the west coast behind our storm is also cut off at 500mb at hr 96... this is allowing the ridge over central US to be a little stronger and help keep our system a little further south... gfs and cmc do not have cut off 500mb low on west coast... do the gfs ens members that went way south have this west coast cut off feature? anyone know?

Must be nice to be welcome in both spaces....

I've tried...guess ya'll dont like us northerners (and some of you dont want any snow north of the mason dixon line... :whistle: )

its ok....were all inviting here...your still most welcome to play along.

Nut

if you are referring to a post of mine saying no one outside of our area (meaning MA forum) deserves snow, please know that I wasn't serious. I root for you guys up here, hell I'm only ~5 miles shy of being in PA myself. 

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quiet you! :)

if you are referring to a post of mine saying no one outside of our area (meaning MA forum) deserves snow, please know that I wasn't serious. I root for you guys up here, hell I'm only ~5 miles shy of being in PA myself. 

quiet you! :)

I saw your post............

And I know where you live..... (ish).  :gun:

all good.  But yeah I lurk n learn alot down in "your" forum...but sheeshh....it can be an EGOfest.  Legit posts and no pms as to why they dont post....whatever...not your fault.

Nut

Archived