joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Jan 1 KNYC is + 1 . You saw a top 5 Blizzard this year , and a below 0 reading for the 1st time in 30 years .

You are AN in the snowfall dept.

You live in Brooklyn , you are not suppose to have extreme cold/snowy winters .

Considering what the Pacific looked like in November , you are lucky you pulled any of this off .

( However we did tell you this would happen ) AN snow AN temps ,, cough cough .

1 more shot in early March and then we get to watch the Nationals implode again this summer . :)

jk.

True, but you have to admit, today was very depressing as we topped 60 in February. No snow cover just aggravates it.

The 30 days beginning with the blizzard were among the top 30 days for snowfall in any winter from NYC

east across Long Island. 30-40 inches of snow for a 30 day period is not too shabby in my book.

You realize that NYC and sections of Long Island didn't see a single 30-40 inch snowfall season

from 78-79 to 92-93. So unless you were up to the NW and missed the snows, I don't see how anyone

can really complain about this winter.

Seasonal forecasts are largely experimental. They can make good on some general themes

But there is no way they can do justice to the types of extremes that we have experienced

in the 2000's. Didn't see too many calls for a +13 December followed by the heaviest daily

NYC snowfall of all-time in January and the first below zero degree temperature in February

since 1994. If you put that forecast out in October or November you would have been laughed at. ;)

Well I'm nw of NYC and had 3 snow events (only one significant ) hardly any snow cover . Seems like this winter was basically two - three weeks of actual winter combined . I guess u can say it was a decent winter east but certainly not nw . Add the fact that certain people kept harping that great pattern flip that really never happened I'd say alot of us can say the winter has sucked . By the way I never thought those outrageous winter calls would verify.

Well I'm nw of NYC and had 3 snow events (only one significant ) hardly any snow cover . Seems like this winter was basically two - three weeks of actual winter combined . I guess u can say it was a decent winter east but certainly not nw . Add the fact that certain people kept harping that great pattern flip that really never happened I'd say alot of us can say the winter has sucked . By the way I never thought those outrageous winter calls would verify.

I always expected this to be 82/83 or a snowier version of 97/98. Its been close to 82-83 for sure except the interiors been screwed so far

Too bad NYC has never seen back to back to back 50+ inch snowfall winters, at least not on record. Need 20+ inches in March for this to occur..

And if it weren't for the January blizzard this winter would be a bigger downer than it currently is to most people. Back to back to back 50+ is more likely than another 20+ inches this March.

Archived