Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they threw out the 12z run.

I would guess the GFS is going to be more heavily weighted as or now. My opinion? Take the Gfs and euro, and compromise. I say it tucks in about 75 miles east of ACY and this is going to ride up the eastern seaboard. DC to NYC and into Connecticut need to prepare for a potentially crippling storm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hazardous Weather OutlookHAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY 127 AM EST WED JAN 20 2016 CTZ009>012-NJZ006-104-106-108-NYZ071>075-078>081-176>179-210630- SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD-SOUTHERN NEW HAVEN-SOUTHERN MIDDLESEX- SOUTHERN NEW LONDON-HUDSON-EASTERN BERGEN-EASTERN ESSEX- EASTERN UNION-SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-BRONX- RICHMOND (STATEN ISLAND)-KINGS (BROOKLYN)-NORTHWESTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHEASTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHWESTERN SUFFOLK-SOUTHEASTERN SUFFOLK- NORTHERN QUEENS-NORTHERN NASSAU-SOUTHERN QUEENS-SOUTHERN NASSAU- 127 AM EST WED JAN 20 2016 THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST NEW YORK. .DAY ONE...TONIGHT. NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY. A MAJOR WINTER STORM IS POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. THIS STORM COULD PRODUCE HEAVY SNOW...STRONG WINDS...AND SIGNIFICANT COASTAL FLOODING. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED. && THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK PROVIDES A SUMMARY OF POTENTIAL WIDESPREAD HAZARDOUS WEATHER EVENTS THAT MAY REACH NWS WARNING CRITERIA. MOST LONG FUSED NWS WATCHES...WARNINGS AND ADVISORIES IN EFFECT ARE HIGHLIGHTED. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST NWS FORECASTS FOR WEATHER NOT MEETING NWS WARNING CRITERIA.

i can't tell too well on my maps but the metro area added an inch to its 12z precip total

Gotcha, copy that. Your scientifically cynical mind Tells you that the euro is moving towards the GFS? The hobbyist is very excited about the snow but I'm beginning to get deeply concerned about the threat to life in the area. This storm is most certainly not a joke

To quote Mt Holly:

"

PLANING SHOULD NOW BE TAKING PLACE TO MINIMIZE THE ADVERSE IMPACT OF

WHAT "MAY" BE A TOP 5 COASTAL FLOOD EVENT IN OUR RECORD KEEPING,

DATING BACK THROUGH AT LEAST THE 1940S."

Yes this is the threat that's being overlooked most. Full moon and 60mph winds with a huge fetch is 1992 stuff

Archived