joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on my cryptic friend.. Would that be a yes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey man this is just gonna be your rum of the mill canonical 1998 blizzard.

It's only 4 days away. I think it's safe to say a warning event will occur with the potential for a crippling blizzard.

Another Miller A for Jan 27th. The El Niño powerhouse is here.

Gees. Now we are using a crystal ball....let's start with tomorrow's weather instead of jumping the gun. This is why people run out to the stores to buy every canned good they can find. It's like a doomsday prophecy.

my worry is that this occludes too fast and we get a dryslot

Yeah, that is certainly something to watch down the line, it's the reason why there are like 3' amounts in the MA and noticibly less as you go east. Ideally you want everything to come together a bit later than currently shown so we get the better dynamics and not an occluded mess by the time it gets to our longitude (like Boxing day did for NE)

UKMET just joined the party with a gorgeous 987 MB hugging the Southern Delmarva Coast.  Again, all those concerned about this being too far south, there is reason for concern.  

http://meteocentre.com/models/explorateur.php?lang=en&map=na&run=12&mod=ukmet&stn=PNM&hh=120&comp=1&run2=12&mod2=ukmet&stn2=PNM&hh2=120&fixhh=1&stn2_type=prog&date_type=dateo&mode=latest&yyyy=latest&mm=latest&dd=latest

So far with the 12z suite, there has been a clear move to the N/W in the low and precip shield and precip type worries for S NJ coast and LI...we'll see if that continues. Surprised, thought we would see that move the other way. 

LI is fine .

f117.gif

Archived