• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

A cut off, occluding low in a bad spot (right on the coast) will wrap warm air around it, perhaps enough to cause a mix on the coast if it sits around long enough. The wind direction isn't ideal either on the GFS, it's ENE for a good chunk of it.

Of course, there are many, many more runs to go and the details will change.

Yeah I would never say it can't change to rain for a time if this run is correct (it likely isn't)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you get a huge closed ULL likethe GFS is showing, especially in E VA, it is going to wrap up and bring warm air inland.

Not if its vertically stacked with 850s crashing. I wouldnt get to caught up in r/s until wednesday pm at the very earliest. Great signal still for a big ticket event on the 0z suite thus far......thats the takeaway here.

Not 100% sure why the euro kept most the decent precip to the eastern shield, hardcore northern cutoff this time

Models tend to do this with the precipitation shield this far out. In reality, that track would be a bomb up and down the MA to New England coast lines. If that track continues to be forecast, I would expect to see the precip shield expand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Models tend to do this with the precipitation shield this far out. In reality, that track would be a bomb up and down the MA to New England coast lines. If that track continues to be forecast, I would expect to see the precip shield expand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I certainly would think so, it would be odd to see such a dynamic storm ride the coast like that, with such a long duration, and have a cutoff of 50 miles between 3-6" and 19"

Archived