• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

You have to be careful what you wish for the 12Z Canadian if it verifies will cause precip type issues in the southern half of the metro and points south and east

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

Someone is gonna be left out. Its either the northern sections smoke cirrus or the southern areas taint. Very tough for all areas to cash in on the same system. The Euro was very close to fringing the interior.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record, I didn't bash you. If you took it that way, I apologize, it wasn't my intention. I seriously dont understand you half the time tho. You say "a 6 inch storm in the month of January will be hard to come by" thus not truly making a call and being correct whether or not it happens. Forky on the other hand made a call that he supports and is very easily understandable. Again, I just have a tough time deciphering your posts, nothing personal. I respect what you do here and the time you put in. Thank you. 

my best DT

NO WARNING CRITERIA FROM THIS SYSTEM IN THE METRO!!!!!

fack me

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/map/images/ens/ens.html

I usually wouldn't keep this thread around until tomorrow but we need a win badly here. This is not a banter thread. Keep all banter in the banter thread. This thread is for pattern discussion leading up to this weekend and for model runs. Any bickering will lead to warnings or worse. Thanks in advance for behaving. Good luck to all.

Isentrophic Life - Good observation about the taint issue.  One of the analogs for this is the 2/11-12/1983 event.  I experienced that storm in NW Suffolk Cty on LI.  While the immediate NYC area received several hours of heavy thundersnow where I was the snow was mixed with snow grains for a good portion of the night.  I did total 17.5".  What was really significant about that event where I was was the strength of the wind.  This is a feature of the event that has not been well documented (at least not that I have seen).  I had many hours of winds gusting to 55 - 75 MPH (These were measured wind velocities).  In my recollection this was one of if not the most strongest storm in terms of wind that I ever experienced ( and that includes a few hurricanes).  I had a roof mounted downeaster weather station at the time.

Archived